Thai king has 2 wifes.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Thai king has 2 wifes.

Post by Sidewalker »

From a serious Dutch website (Google translate)

News Thai royal family
Thai king does what he wants and appoints a "consort"
The Thai king Rama X now officially has two wives.

The new Thai king, crowned in May, has once again lived up to his reputation as an eccentric skirt hunter this week.

At the celebration of its 67th birthday last Sunday, Rama X officially named his mistress Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi "Royal Noble Consort." The prince also awarded his lover, who was over three decades younger, a few high awards, including the "Most High Order of the White Elephant". The 34-year-old Sineenat, formerly a nurse in an army hospital, had previously been appointed General of the Royal Guard.

With the appointment of Sineenat to his consort, alongside Queen Suthida, Rama X reintroduces the royal polygamy, which - at least officially - was banned a long time ago. According to the Thai newspaper Khao Sod, his distant predecessor Rama VI was the last to appoint a consort in 1921.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thai king has 2 wifes.

Post by xandreu »

Henry XIII anyone?

Did he have to change the religion of the country in order to marry them both? Any news when the first beheadings will start?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Bla bla bla here's the pics

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thai king has 2 wives

Post by sigmoid »

This was already reported in the Thai news a couple of days ago:

Rama X names first Royal Consort in almost a Century
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019 ... a-century/

From the article: "The last time someone was bestowed this title was during the height of absolute monarchy, when Rama VI anointed Rama V’s consort, Chao Khun Phra Prayoon Wong, or Pae Bunnag, in 1921."

Expats living in Siam seem to be oblivious to what's happening with regard to the monarchy.
Last edited by sigmoid on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

fax wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:52 pm Bla bla bla here's the pics

Nice bra's.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

sigmoid wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:08 pm This was already reported in the Thai news a couple of days ago:

From the article: "The last time someone was bestowed this title was during the height of absolute monarchy, when Rama VI anointed Rama V’s consort, Chao Khun Phra Prayoon Wong, or Pae Bunnag, in 1921."

Expats living in Siam seem to be oblivious to what's happening with regard to the monarchy.
Or are aware of the rather brutal lese majeste laws. Most news about the monarch is heavily censored in Thailand and definitely, anything that is unflattering is not reported. When someone is charged under the lese majeste laws, their crimes are not described in the news as the "describer" would then also be committing an offence. Catch 22, I believe the phrase is. I believe a number of members of his ex-wife are currently guest of the crown, so much easier than a messy divorce.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'd also imagine that, like myself, most wouldn't give two fucks if he had 69 wives and a troupe of eunuchs.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

It would never have happened if Air Chief Marshal Fufu was still around, no "funny stuff" in those days...
up to you...
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

What's with the King's sports bra look? Is he joining the Spice Girls or something?

Will that royal doggie get a topless birthday party too?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

sigmoid wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:08 pm This was already reported in the Thai news a couple of days ago:

Perfectly aware of what's happening with the monarchy as it was reported in the news here a couple of days ago. Not sure why you would think otherwise. Personally I have as much interest in the monarchy in Thailand as I do in the UK, which is a big fat zero.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic