Recommended MOVIES

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Recommended MOVIES

Post by phuketrichard »

just a warm feeling movie and was true to the book

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the last Great explorer.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Richardawsone
Tourist
Australia

Post by Richardawsone »

Based on a book, this action thriller seems like a combo of James Bond meets Jason Bourne types. Ryan Gosling exceeds in the action scenes along with Ana de Armas. Surprising to see Chris Evans in a negative role but he played it to the part. The story isn't anything new but the treatment in form of the action scenes was simply good. An impressive cast, great locations, and thrilling action scenes are all the right ingredients to make one watch the movie. Indian Actor Dhanush too has a small role to play but mainly in the action scenes. Recommended to watch the movie

Rating: 4/5
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Richardawsone wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 pm Based on a book, this action thriller seems like a combo of James Bond meets Jason Bourne types. Ryan Gosling exceeds in the action scenes along with Ana de Armas. Surprising to see Chris Evans in a negative role but he played it to the part. The story isn't anything new but the treatment in form of the action scenes was simply good. An impressive cast, great locations, and thrilling action scenes are all the right ingredients to make one watch the movie. Indian Actor Dhanush too has a small role to play but mainly in the action scenes. Recommended to watch the movie

Shall I just conduct an internet search for the title, or are you presenting a cliffhanger and will name it next week?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Province
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Province »

The gray man
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

violet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:47 pm
Richardawsone wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 pm Based on a book, this action thriller seems like a combo of James Bond meets Jason Bourne types. Ryan Gosling exceeds in the action scenes along with Ana de Armas. Surprising to see Chris Evans in a negative role but he played it to the part. The story isn't anything new but the treatment in form of the action scenes was simply good. An impressive cast, great locations, and thrilling action scenes are all the right ingredients to make one watch the movie. Indian Actor Dhanush too has a small role to play but mainly in the action scenes. Recommended to watch the movie

Shall I just conduct an internet search for the title, or are you presenting a cliffhanger and will name it next week?
That account is a fake created to advertise crappy products, it’ll make a few posts to try and seem legit first.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

MOVIES FOR HAPPY PEOPLE:

On the one hand, I recommend Speak No Evil as a masterful Nordic slowburn with deliciously tight control over tension and a blaring message for Danish society. On the other hand there are some very challenging and controversial scenes in this movie that are not for those of weak stomachs. It's certainly something.

The Raid: London. It's Gareth Evans so expect lots of very well-choreographed kinetic hyperviolence and colorful characters. The tonal variation between British crime drama and the extreme brutality of the drawn-out action scenes at centre-stage make this not for everyone.

Alex Garland's Men has been garnering lots of attention lately but Matthew Holness's 2018 psycho-drama is the superior film. Destined to fly under the radar due to its highly euphemistic soot black content that capitalizes on the unseen, this is a miserable high (or low?) point of British indie cinema.
Pope2Pope
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pope2Pope »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:07 am MOVIES FOR HAPPY PEOPLE:

On the one hand, I recommend Speak No Evil as a masterful Nordic slowburn with deliciously tight control over tension and a blaring message for Danish society. On the other hand there are some very challenging and controversial scenes in this movie that are not for those of weak stomachs. It's certainly something.

The Raid: London. It's Gareth Evans so expect lots of very well-choreographed kinetic hyperviolence and colorful characters. The tonal variation between British crime drama and the extreme brutality of the drawn-out action scenes at centre-stage make this not for everyone.

Alex Garland's Men has been garnering lots of attention lately but Matthew Holness's 2018 psycho-drama is the superior film. Destined to fly under the radar due to its highly euphemistic soot black content that capitalizes on the unseen, this is a miserable high (or low?) point of British indie cinema.
i will have to give POSSUM a look, I have only recently discovered Sean Harris. i watched this Sean Harris movie last night...slow and intense movie, the two leads are at the top of their game

[media]
“The journey, not the arrival, matters.”
– T. S. Eliot
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I started watching The Stranger yesterday (finishing it this evening). Joel Edgerton gets better with every role. I enjoy Aussie movies like this - unique.
The other lead was a very real character also. Good stuff
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I’ll add somehow Sean Harris had me feel sorry for him. Amazing performance
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic