Recommended MOVIES

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Recommended MOVIES

Post by General Mackevili »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:15 am why are there so bad barang go to cambodia ?? i never meet so bad people as some of the barang go there. where they come from so bad ?
Where do you hang out?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:16 am
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:15 am why are there so bad barang go to cambodia ?? i never meet so bad people as some of the barang go there. where they come from so bad ?
Where do you hang out?
watching city of ghosts. just a couple of dodgy characters at the start (although the hotelier guy's cool).
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Well if ever a final 15 minutes has made a movie. I thought it was average until then, but a beautiful ending.

I can't understand how good the performance of the tuktuk driver was. It was like he didn't even realise he was acting. Knocked all the other actors out of the park.

Going to bed. Goodnight Cambodia x
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

My search to find out if the Tuk driver in CoG's performance was just a one off, has led me to Holly.

Grim subject from the looks of it, but early scenes suggest that it's a superior movie to CoG.

This seems to be the Tuk guy's only other movie and he's listed as playing a "gas vendor", so I guess he must just basically have an ability to be completely himself on camera. If he was able to put in a similar level performance playing a different character then he'd been an all time great.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am
Where do you hang out?
watching city of ghosts. just a couple of dodgy characters at the start (although the hotelier guy's cool).
I love that flick, some good shots were made in front of the Post Office and corner of St.98. I tried to download that movie but could not found a completly free websites.
Boredom is like a shroud
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

cabron wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:07 pm
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 am
Where do you hang out?
I love that flick, some good shots were made in front of the Post Office and corner of St.98. I tried to download that movie but could not found a completly free websites.
Yeah, near La Poste restaurant. I thought it was there. Ate there a few times; good restaurant good value. That's where they film the hotel Matt Dillon's character's staying at. Roads seem to have improved a bit since those days.

If you search for movie name freeonline you can find.

I watching Holly now, also set in Cambodia. About the sex trade, but actually I think it is much better movie. Sadly the Tuk guy from CoG only has a small part in this one though. He good actor.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This is a great documentary about some young women living in the Tonle Bassac area in 2009. I might have the full movie somewhere, I'll have a look.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

https://movgotv.com/movie/holly/watching/

Worth watching movie about Cambodia.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Who watch Holly ? I think is good movie. Very good actually.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:27 pm just watched a very strange black comedy which i bet few , if any of ya have heard of;

It's one of those weirdly high-concept '70s flicks, a black comedy centered around a fictionalized version of the JFK assassination that barely managed to eke out $1 million at the box office. It's really only notable for featuring Jeff Bridges and for being possibly the lowest-profile film ever to have a mob killing associated with its production.

According to mob researcher John Fleming, the film was being produced by Robert Sterling and Leonard Goldberg, two rich drug dealers who had sunk their profits into the adult Emmanuelle series. Problematically, the duo did not actually have enough money to make the movie, so they went to some even richer, mobbier parties for financing. When the film kept going over budget, Goldberg reasoned that their investors would have to let them live long enough to ensure they'd make a profit, a colossal gamble that he decisively lost. Midway through the film's production, Goldberg was kidnapped and handcuffed to a bed, and shot in the head. The film lost a ton of money, partially because it only played in theaters for a couple weeks after the distributor got cold feet over its subject matter. The grisly mob-related murder of its drug-dealer producer didn't seem to hurt it much.
Watching it right now. Pretty wild. Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic