I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

Post by John Bingham »

No idea, it was you who brought up the Buddhist thing. You'll have to figure out exactly what that meant. Look deep. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

Post by hunter8 »

I have it all figured out since yesterday. I don’t think they burned pretty women in buddhist countries as witches. Equals more tolerance here historically than in the west, including towards women selling their body. More tolerance equals less fighting. Less fighting equals living the more natural lifestyle of a sex tourist if there is a choice rather than for no clear reasons trying to prove against expectations towards barangs from locals. But you understood it all too literally about buddhism and ended with wrong conclusions.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You have a Richard Gere/ Hollywood understanding of "Buddhism Light". Plenty of so-called sorcerers are murdered in Buddhist countries. Cruel treatment and torture of those accused of transgressions has always been endemic in Buddhist countries. You are just using confirmation bias to justify your personal philosophy. I'm not saying you are bad, just that the "Buddhist" excuse is nonsense.
Judicial mutilation - principally the gouging out of eyes, and the cutting off of hands or feet - was formalized under the Sakya school as part of the 13th century Tibetan legal code, and was used as a legal punishment until being declared illegal in 1913.
The mutilation of top level Tibetan official Lungshar in 1934 gave an example. Tsepon Lungshar, an official educated in England, introduced reform in the 1920s; after losing a political struggle the reformist was sentenced to be blinded by having his eyeballs pulled out. "The method involved the placement of a smooth, round yak's knucklebone on each of the temples of the prisoner. These were then tied by leather thongs around the head and tightened by turning the thongs with a stick on top of the head until the eyeballs popped out. The mutilation was terribly bungled. Only one eyeball popped out, and eventually the ragyaba had to cut out the other eyeball with a knife. Boiling oil was then poured into the sockets to cauterize the wound." This was sufficiently unusual that the untouchables (ragyaba) carrying it out had no previous experience of the correct technique and had to rely on instructions heard from their parents. An attempt was made at anesthetizing the alleged criminal with intoxicants before performing the punishment, which unfortunately did not work well.

As late as 1949 the Tibetan government still sentenced people to mutilation. When a CIA officer Douglas Mackiernan was killed against official entry permit, six Tibetan border guards were tried and sentenced in Lhasa. "The leader was to have his nose and both ears cut off. The man who fired the first shot was to lose both ears. A third man was to lose one ear, and the others were to get 50 lashes each." The sentence was reduced to 200, 50 and 25 lashes, respectively, after another CIA agent Frank Bessac requested leniency.

Whipping was legal and common as punishment[69] in Tibet including in the 20th century, also for minor infractions and outside judicial process. Whipping could also have fatal consequences, as in the case of the trader Gyebo Sherpa subjected to the severe corca whipping for selling cigarettes. He died from his wounds 2 days later in the Potala prison. The Tibetan tibetologist Tashi Tsering records being whipped as a 13-year-old for missing a performance as a dancer in the Dalai Lama's dance troop in 1942, until the skin split and the pain became excruciating.
Tibet is just one example, you could find countless others in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Lol, i don’t need an excuse. But from my observations buddhism contributes a lot to the relaxed way of life here and tolerant attitudes. Before I thought it was the hot sun. Compare with the Philippines, they have more violence according to reports. Because they are not buddhists there. But forget religion. As i said i don’t need an excuse, i simply hoped to hear a good argument to convince me why i shouldn’t go with the Daun Penh usual flow. So far none was given.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

hunter8 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:45 pm Lol, i don’t need an excuse. But from my observations buddhism contributes a lot to the relaxed way of life here and tolerant attitudes. Before I thought it was the hot sun. Compare with the Philippines, they have more violence according to reports. Because they are not buddhists there. But forget religion. As i said i don’t need an excuse, i simply hoped to hear a good argument to convince me why i shouldn’t go with the Daun Penh usual flow. So far none was given.
So, in short, you wanted to find other's reasons to not go with the Daun Penh flow. When those were offered, you chose to either ignore or attempt to twist those in order to fit your nuanced view of everything? So why not not bother soliciting those opinions or views, and carry on with yourself? It would save a few people a bit of time...
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Yerg wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:34 am When those were offered,
Where?
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Those American "Asian" chicks are so crazy. They think they are getting oppressed and shit but in actually no one really cares your Asian race. White people and I see them just sexy chocolate girls that have small eyes and black hair and not as race. But those crazy "American" Asias think too much and get obsessed their heritage and start to see racism everywhere. Not all girls of course, but annoying tendency. However, we do have bigger dicks and the contrast do makes us and the asians to look more attractive for each other but that's normal.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

CEO appears to be attracting its fair share of neanderthals recently.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

How do you fuck up yellow fever? Ah, I see.

(Apologies for bumping. Just stumbled on this thread.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic