I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:07 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:27 am I am a white man bearing a sex tourist stigma. Should I fight it or accept the fate and simply be such as any white man is perceived by locals, a sex tourist?
Well maybe if you didn't wander around Daun Penh (possibly in a singlet and shorts) holding hands with scantily-clad hookers half your age that perception might change. 8-)
I can think of nothing more exciting than sweating my balls wearing trousers in a hot climate while courting aged ladies in remote areas to change perception. For what noble cause are these sacrifices? In my view accepting the inevitable fate of a sex tourist is an example of a buddhist attitude to life.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I’m An Asian Woman Engaged To A White Man And, Honestly, I’m Struggling With That

Post by hunter8 »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:27 am I am a white man bearing a sex tourist stigma. Should I fight it or accept the fate and simply be such as any white man is perceived by locals, a sex tourist?
i don't see a stigma
your posts are a clear indication
or are you complaining about unfairly being labelled a 'tourist'?
I am in a reflection mood. The benefits of not being labelled a sex tourist are not clear to me and I was hoping someone could find right arguments to make me look in another direction.

I also meant to say that odds here are stacked against white males turning to anything but the sex tourist life. Nobody has high expectations of you if they perceive you as a sex tourist and eventually you stop thinking you could be something else here. I haven’t stopped thinking that yet but seeing how it’s going some day I might. But different from knights on high horses here I cannot see how it is wrong. The industry was created long before i came here, girls are happy having me as a customer. Why be someone else?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'm not judging you because nearly all your posts are about your sex tourist lifestyle. That's your thing so enjoy it while you can.
However most foreign residents have other things to do than sleaze around the Daun Penh Bubble, the old fable about the frog at the bottom of the well comes to mind.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:39 pm most foreign residents have other things to do
They have those other things to do out of necessity, due to circumstances or by choice? Would they have stayed in the sex tourist bubble if they could choose? When you say “most”, you must personally know thousands of people.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yes, I do know a huge number of foreigners and locals. People who you will never meet as they have some modicum of discernment.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:07 pm Yes, I do know a huge number of foreigners and locals. People who you will never meet as they have some modicum of discernment.
I have no intention meeting snobs.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No worries, enjoy your time with the salt-of-the-earth types you seem to prefer. 8-)
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

I prefer modest people. Snobs lose face spectacularly when their self-proclaimed worth is exposed as false.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hunter8 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:11 pm In my view accepting the inevitable fate of a sex tourist is an example of a buddhist attitude to life.
Again I'm not in any way judging you, but I'm not sure you have any real grasp on Buddhism. I'm not sure anyone has but the 5 precepts seem kind of important:

The third precept condemns sexual misconduct. This has been interpreted in classical texts to include adultery with a married or engaged person, rape, incest, sex with a minor (or a person "protected by any relative"), and sex with a prostitute.
The issue of prostitution has to be looked at taking into account the prostitute and the customer. Roughly speaking, there are two types of prostitutes: (1) those forced into prostitution by poverty or social deprivation and (2) those who choose to do it because they feel it is a convenient and easy way to make money. This first type of prostitute is called a harlot (vesiyà) or a streetwalker (bandhakã) in the Buddhist scriptures while the second type is called a courtesan (gaõikà or nagarasobhinã). The intention of the first is probably just to survive and is, therefore, kammically far less negative than the second whose motive might be greed, laziness or lack of self-respect. The first is not willingly involved in wrong livelihood while the second clearly is.

Now what of the customer? Customers of the first type of prostitute are definitely breaking the first and third Precepts because they are sexually exploiting another person. The customers of the second type may not be breaking the third Precept, but they are hardly involving themselves in an activity likely to benefit themselves spiritually. Generally speaking, prostitution is a sordid and unedifying affair and sincere Buddhists would not involve themselves in it.
https://www.buddhisma2z.com/
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

So the true buddhist will not engage in sexual activity with a prostitute, especially of type 1. Instead he will happily watch her starve and somehow will achieve spiritual enlightenment doing so. Gotcha.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic