Japanese Engineer, YUICHI HATAMURA, Busted at Golden Sorya Mall, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Japanese Engineer, YUICHI HATAMURA, Busted at Golden Sorya Mall, Phnom Penh

Post by Ravensnest »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:28 pm I'm more concerned with the cop's freakish head.
damn, that is an oddity for sure. It looks like a quick photoshop but isn't. huh, just a strange perspective I guess.
Still here, in country...
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Lost50 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:04 pm Thank God the cop is pointing at it otherwise I'd have no clue where to look.
I think maybe he's half Thai and can't help it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
CamExpat
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CamExpat »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 pm
CamExpat wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:35 pm Wow. $60 and 3000 Riel.
What , were you expecting him to have a pocket full of yen ?
No, just surprised they'd bother reporting it. Especially the riel.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I'm wondering what he did to come to the attention of the cops.

There's consistently about a bakers dozen, skeevy looking westerners on the GSM premises at any given time.

A cop could literally walk up to any one of them at random and ask them to empty their pockets and they'd have a case 9 times out of 10.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

He looked suspiciously out of place?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:20 pm He looked suspiciously out of place?
This is the closest we are likely to get to the truth. Or he didn't share his stash with one of the many tweakers, and they grassed him up??
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:54 pm I'm wondering what he did to come to the attention of the cops.

There's consistently about a bakers dozen, skeevy looking westerners on the GSM premises at any given time.

A cop could literally walk up to any one of them at random and ask them to empty their pockets and they'd have a case 9 times out of 10.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:20 pm He looked suspiciously out of place?
Or he looked like he had more money than the other 9 foreigners put together ? :wink:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

thats MSM, he wouldnt know it but the police would. its legal and its what they sell at sorya mall to scam people. the person that sold it to him would have alerted police because he looks like he has money
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Since when are the police frisking people for acting suspicious?

Isn't it more likely he tried to enter Pontoon or Heart of Darkness and the security checked his pockets?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

fax wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:58 am Since when are the police frisking people for acting suspicious?

Isn't it more likely he tried to enter Pontoon or Heart of Darkness and the security checked his pockets?
Oh come on, since when do HOD or Pontoon care about drugs in foreigners'pockets?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic