My Favourite Bath Soap

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

My Favourite Bath Soap

Post by yong »

I have been using this product for more than 30 years and still love it for the following reasons:

1. Cleans really well. After a shower with this you can feel your skin very clean.

2. Smells natural and light

3. Works out a great lather so feels good

4. Knowing the ingredients are all natural and not tested on animals I like it

5. I used it as a shampoo sometimes and its great too

Only complain I have is it dissolves faster than normal soap but then for 55 cents a piece it's a great treat to your daily bath.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: My Favourite Bath Soap

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Bee and Flower brand, Sandalwood flavour.

First found it in Bali and still buy it whenever i can, nearly 50 years later.
Available in Phnom Penh, intermittently in supermarkets, regularly from some small shops.

Lovely scent, hard cake - so it lasts.
Great for "hard" water, even lathers well in salt water.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

yong wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 pm Image

I have been using this product for more than 30 years and still love it for the following reasons:

1. Cleans really well. After a shower with this you can feel your skin very clean.

2. Smells natural and light

3. Works out a great lather so feels good

4. Knowing the ingredients are all natural and not tested on animals I like it

5. I used it as a shampoo sometimes and its great too

Only complain I have is it dissolves faster than normal soap but then for 55 cents a piece it's a great treat to your daily bath.
My favorite bar of dope.

I have been smoking this product for more than 30 years and still love it for the following reasons:

1. Creeps really well. After a couple of bongs of this you can feel your skin is very prickly.

2. Smells natural and light. (Same)

3. Works out to be a great body stone so feels good

4. Knowing the ingredients are all natural and not tested on animals I like it. (same)

5. I used it as a suppository sometimes and its great too.

Only complain I have is it disappears faster than normal hash but then for $5.50 cents a piece it's a great treat to your daily routine.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 pm Bee and Flower brand, Sandalwood flavour.

First found it in Bali and still buy it whenever i can, nearly 50 years later.
Available in Phnom Penh, intermittently in supermarkets, regularly from some small shops.

Lovely scent, hard cake - so it lasts.
Great for "hard" water, even lathers well in salt water.
Yes this Bee & Flower is another all time favourite, classic I must say.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I used soap once when I was a kid. Got some in my eyes and it stung like hell , so I never ever used the stuff again. That's saved me millions of dollars over the years.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 pm I used soap once when I was a kid. Got some in my eyes and it stung like hell , so I never ever used the stuff again. That's saved me millions of dollars over the years.
How we enjoy the luxury of soap and water, too be honest all the soap brands so far we have, and they change from one to another basically, whenever we go shopping. I have the liking at the moment for the goats milk body wash, so I got a large bottle the other day at the Thai-Khmer traveling market.
The soap you like Yong is very good like you say, Ayurvedic Indian Massage now I remanence, I probably would have sat somewhere quite after the aromatherapy, leaving the oils on my body for an hour or two. I would have been relaxed with something mentioned by Kung-fu Hillbilly, possible a good flavoured smoke, like one of my old favourites, Manali black. WoW it was a long time ago. Then Splosh! Into the river Ganga with a good block of Sandalwood soap to wash away the oil, an excellent brand named by SternAAlbifrons. But being a little stoned now I would have to be careful unlike Duncan not to have soap in my eyes.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Manali, sandalwood. You have exquisite taste Andy.

(not sure about your bathwater tho')
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Dr Bronners is my favorite, Almond or Peppermint :good: but haven't found it here yet :unknown:

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

beaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:29 pm Dr Bronners is my favorite, Almond or Peppermint :good: but haven't found it here yet :unknown:

we all used it in the 60's and everyone carried it as it could be used for so many things
and you smelled nice too :beer3:
Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Soaps are good for just about any cleaning task. Face, body, hair & dishes, laundry, mopping, pets—clean your house and body with no synthetic preservatives, detergents or foaming agents—none! Dilute! Dilute! OK!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Think you'll find that everything has been tested on animals at some point. Don't you guys get dry skin from using bar soap?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic