Barang Family with issues?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Barang Family with issues?

Post by lostjeremy »

Was sent a video from tik tok here....http://vm.tiktok.com/RV97jd/

Sad situation for this barang family begging for money with their baby while playing an accordian. Not sure where but looks like out in the province. If they are really broke and need help its sad they got in this situation and hope they can manage to get out for their kids sake. If they're just begpackers trying to travel the world for free I hope child services gets involved.

Or maybe the information posted isnt correct and they are just a nice Menonite family trying to spread their message.Image

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Barang Family with issues?

Post by Soriya »

lostjeremy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:20 pm Was sent a video from tik tok here....http://vm.tiktok.com/RV97jd/

Sad situation for this barang family begging for money with their baby while playing an accordian. Not sure where but looks like out in the province. If they are really broke and need help its sad they got in this situation and hope they can manage to get out for their kids sake. If they're just begpackers trying to travel the world for free I hope child services gets involved.

Or maybe the information posted isnt correct and they are just a nice Menonite family trying to spread their message.Image

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk
I saw this posted elsewhere a while back.so not recent
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What a weird way to behave.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

What a bunch of breatharians.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Polkas are a much maligned musical taste.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a9c33cdb-1 ... 827cabe06f
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

This was posted on Facebook at least a month ago I'm fairly certain, I even posted about it and someone posted the link.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yes definitely been before on facebook and possibly here when talk of begpackers.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Come on guys, broaden your musical taste. Everybody loves a good polka.
Wadda ya want - wandering gypsy minstrels belting out Jimmy Barnes, Queen or Bruce Springsteen?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Is they play Mr. Bean, the locals will enjoy it. And might even give them more than just pity money and a live show on Facebook.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 pm This was posted on Facebook at least a month ago I'm fairly certain, I even posted about it and someone posted the link.
yep sure, you definitely posted a video on a thread, they were in Kandal Market. So are these folks still here? Walking around barefoot with the dirty streets getting worse when the drains overflow with shit they will probably contract an infection....seriously $1 for some footwear, what is wrong with these people. I feel sorry for the kid that these two wasters are its parents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic