Lady Drink

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Lady Drink

Post by frank lee bent »

"Are you kidding me? NIKE and the sorts run sweatshops where they give hard working men and women a disgracefully small wage. It's 80$-100$. That is your idea of a good job and of an ethical company? Give me a fucking break, dude"

sorry, but not correct.
Maybe 5 years ago.

The new Chinese factories out past Pochentong are paying a base around $160 with overtime can get up to $220.

I know a few girls that work in hotels ( not lady bars ) who have recently left their long time gigs on $100 because they are getting substantially more elsewhere.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

My moment of writing the original post was when my neighbor proudly broadcast how easy it is to fool foreign bozos.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
wasabi
Expatriate

Post by wasabi »

FC - as posted in another thread.......

The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

If I buy a lady drink its a shot of 151. Im not spending 3.50 on a fucking glass apple juice.

Its a scam and its pissing money out the window. 2 lady drinks and you got yourself a really nice dinner somewhere in P.P

I always tell the girls...3.50? OHHH I buy so many pork fried rice! Heres a dollar or 2 for sitting with me. fuck the drink.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

The Add Jay wrote:If I buy a lady drink its a shot of 151. Im not spending 3.50 on a fucking glass apple juice.

Its a scam and its pissing money out the window. 2 lady drinks and you got yourself a really nice dinner somewhere in P.P

I always tell the girls...3.50? OHHH I buy so many pork fried rice! Heres a dollar or 2 for sitting with me. fuck the drink.
You are fucking the bar over by not playing along with the system in place. If you don't want to buy lady drinks, tell said lady to move along. Most bars don't mind guys who simply like a cold drink in a nice environment such as surrounded by girls who are scamming other guys out of their hard earned dollars. Or you could of course answer the lady drink request with the "are you ready, able, and willing to go on a barfine at a reasonable price which includes sex?". Answer is yes, as her how much, if reasonable i.e. barfine of $5.usd and lady services priceng of $10-$20usd, then okay, go for it. All so simple and only complicated by those trying to scam....
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Jacket wrote:
NokTang wrote:
Jacket wrote: If you ask one of the 15$ street walkers at Wat Phnom.
Leaving your very childlike personal attacks aside, as I don't engage in that sort of tit for tat....please let those able to digest reality know that once again, you are quoting a barang price of "15$" when the real price is more like $5.usd for girls at the Wat.

This name calling is for the birds, and I don't mean angry birds. You sir/madam, don't have the ability to digest what I'm posting and rather than lash out like a little boy who's lost his baseball bat or ball, might I suggest a dose of reality? $100.usd a month is the basic rate for labor in Cambodia. I didn't set it nor do I employ anyone for this wage. But it's the wage. You will have to get over that before you can grasp the concept of $3.50 being for a days hard labor and how when the barang is seen paying this much for a small draft beer for a girl(or himself?) it impacts a girls willingness to clean house, raise kids, and do laundry for her man.
Is it me, who is unable to "digest reality"? Because so far, if you look at this thread it seems as if more people than just me object to the pure, asinine bullshit that you're writing here. I'm just not a very diplomatic person. I value honesty. If I think you're a scumbag you can count on me telling you that you're a scumbag. on that note: You are a scumbag! Just wanted to point this out here. You just use my insults as a convenient excuse so you have a reason to ignore the actuall points that I made.

But you know what? I'm done arguing with you. You're just so stubborn and such an arrogant dick that you won't budge from you position one inch and that you think that everybody is wrong except for you. You probably never had to struggle a single day in your life. You never had to worry about whether you'll be able to eat the next day. If you would have, you'd probably stop being such a massive cunt. You'd maybe understand that it is not right that the average Cambodian worker gets 100$ or less for a hard month of work. The strikers that go on the street and demand 160$ per month are still incredibly humble in my opinion. Anything between 200$ and 300$ is an absolutely reasonable demand for these people to make. A selfish son of a bitch such as yourself wouldn't like that probably, because as soon as everybody gets payed a fair wage, shit might become more expensive for you. But that is all you care about, isn't it? You want yourself to have a blast and if you do that at the disadvantage of poor people who will never have the chances in their lives that you have got, then so be it. I can only hope that prosperity and progress will bring Cambodia to the state where people like you can't even afford to go to Cambodia for holiday anymore. Maybe Cambodians will be so wealthy one day, that they can go to your county and act as shitty there as you do right now.

You are a dispicable excuse for a human being and I wish never having to deal with you again. Whether online or god forbid in real life.
I like your posts more and more!
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

NokTang wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:If I buy a lady drink its a shot of 151. Im not spending 3.50 on a fucking glass apple juice.

You are fucking the bar over by not playing along with the system in place. If you don't want to buy lady drinks, tell said lady to move along. Most bars don't mind guys who simply like a cold drink in a nice environment such as surrounded by girls who are scamming other guys out of their hard earned dollars. Or you could of course answer the lady drink request with the "are you ready, able, and willing to go on a barfine at a reasonable price which includes sex?". Answer is yes, as her how much, if reasonable i.e. barfine of $5.usd and lady services priceng of $10-$20usd, then okay, go for it. All so simple and only complicated by those trying to scam....

I was trained by salted bar veterans on how to get around. $5 bar fine! I only know 1 bar that does that in this town.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

The Add Jay wrote: I was trained by salted bar veterans on how to get around. $5 bar fine! I only know 1 bar that does that in this town.
There are several "Hostess Bars" which have barfines, and they exceed $5.usd according to reports. I don't and won't know first hand since I refuse to pay any such "barfines" in Cambodia. Cheers mate and good luck out there. Remember, if you enter the barfine and lady drink scam you are a target, not a customer, and will be fleeced beyond your imagination.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

MekongMouse wrote: I like your posts more and more!
Calling people names is something of a sport on the internet. I suggest other sites for your reading entertainment. It's as I say, childlike and an indication of a failed manhood. For those of us who have in fact been in the trenches, have decided how much to pay people, when to fire them, it rings of gutter English and worse, ghetto mentality.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bar fines are nothing new, even back in 2008, when i lived there hostess bars had them ( $5 before midnight)
but also back than $20 was the going rate for all night and $10 for ST.
that has changed a bit LOL

so now the thread will take a sharp right and the discussion will go from Lady drinks to bar fines,
It's all part of the owner maximizing his staff for profit

One thing is for sure, IF you do not buy lady drinks an visit the same bar, you will find urself always without lady company
For nok who NEVER pays for drinks or bar fines....

Could be good, could be......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic