Lady Drink

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: Lady Drink

Post by The Add Jay »

$30.00??!?!? YO OLD FUCKS STOP INFLATING IT FOR THE REST OF US! 20 bucks...give her a feed. Let her enjoy your wifi and off she goes.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

NokTang wrote:These over priced drinks are to help the bar, not the girl. Why that isn't clear yet I don't know. It has been explained over and over again but some of you still don't get it.
Of course it helps the bar, but also helps the girl. To take an example a couple of girls who used to work in Domino made $100 basic salary and a further $200 in lady drinks and this is not uncommon. I'm sure the girls thought the extra $200 a month helped them. I also knew a girl who used to work in Loco that made considerably more than that on lady drinks. She however also on occasion would go out with customers and made around $600 a month. This is why many girls choose to work in hostess bars they can make a reasonable monthly salary without resorting to going with customers. Making a "reasonable" salary also means they have the option to say no to "unsavoury" customers who wish to bar fine them.
Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Post by Jacket »

NokTang wrote: These over priced drinks are to help the bar, not the girl. Why that isn't clear yet I don't know. It has been explained over and over again but some of you still don't get it.
You do understand that the girls get some money for every "lady drink" right? I think the rate that is commonly going is 5000 to 6000 Riel for every drink that's 3,5$.

I'm not even going to go into the comparison that you made with NIKE. If you don't get why this makes you look like an ass then there's truly nothing I can do here.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Jacket wrote:
NokTang wrote: These over priced drinks are to help the bar, not the girl. Why that isn't clear yet I don't know. It has been explained over and over again but some of you still don't get it.
You do understand that the girls get some money for every "lady drink" right? I think the rate that is commonly going is 5000 to 6000 Riel for every drink that's 3,5$.

I'm not even going to go into the comparison that you made with NIKE. If you don't get why this makes you look like an ass then there's truly nothing I can do here.
Good morning...

1. Of course that is the system, but said money is not earned and therefore my point remains valid. The "bar" is enticing the girl to sell something of no value to the customer. It doesn't help her, it ruins her. I've said it many times before and I'm not an ass for stating the truth and not hiding the underbelly of such a scene.

2. Go ahead, make my day. Companies come into Cambodia and pay local wages. They don't open a NIKE or GAP factory and pay a days wage per hour or via a drink or one shirt. The comparison is that real companies and businesses pay fair wages while a very few on here encourage lady drinks, which aren't anything but a scam. NIKE and GAP aren't scamming anyone.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Kuroneko wrote:
NokTang wrote:These over priced drinks are to help the bar, not the girl. Why that isn't clear yet I don't know. It has been explained over and over again but some of you still don't get it.
Of course it helps the bar, but also helps the girl. To take an example a couple of girls who used to work in Domino made $100 basic salary and a further $200 in lady drinks and this is not uncommon. I'm sure the girls thought the extra $200 a month helped them. I also knew a girl who used to work in Loco that made considerably more than that on lady drinks. She however also on occasion would go out with customers and made around $600 a month. This is why many girls choose to work in hostess bars they can make a reasonable monthly salary without resorting to going with customers. Making a "reasonable" salary also means they have the option to say no to "unsavoury" customers who wish to bar fine them.
Your remarks make me sad. And today was going to be an exciting one, with Thanksgiving leftovers and American football.....Let's comment the easy way.....Making an extra $200.usd a month for sure helped them, no one disagrees, but via selling lady drinks to unknowing customers is where we differ...as explained to you, if she isn't willing and able to go on the "barfine" date with me, she shouldn't be slurping down lady drinks at my expense...Your "reasonable monthly salary" figure of $600.usd while gracious and a great idea, isn't exactly reasonable in said country and especially for doing nothing.....as for earning this via lady drink sales giving her more options to be discriminatory as to which(if any) barangs she goes with, well mate, as I also stated before, she should have the option to pick and choose but the lady drink and profiting the bar isn't the cause of the action in my world. Every guy thinks he's different and not as you call it "unsavory" . Maybe she's the reason he's drunk and acting like a slob?

ps: "without resorting to going with customers" is the key to you naivety of the scene. I hope you will in a gracious way be able to think this through without lashing out.....she's working in a prostitution house(despite it being denied on this forum) yet you call it "resorting" to having sex for money with customers? That decision has already been made unless of course it is just a trial without going with customers to see how long she will last on the lady drink nonsense....

Now my day is ruined...oh well, going to check the betting lines now....at least with football wagering there is no nonsense....money down, panties off.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if she isn't willing and able to go on the "barfine" date with me, she shouldn't be slurping down lady drinks at my expense...
Wait a minute
what does getting u to spend money in a bar where she works mean she has to go home with you?

Your the one buying her drinks thinking it will change her opinion of you to her.Cant see she forced you to buy any drinks for her.
she should have the option to pick and choose but the lady drink and profiting the bar isn't the cause of the action in my world
?? ur saying she should NOT DO HER JOB which is to get customers buying drinks?
she's working in a prostitution house
she is working in a bar, what she does on her own time is not relevant
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

phuketrichard wrote:
if she isn't willing and able to go on the "barfine" date with me, she shouldn't be slurping down lady drinks at my expense...
Wait a minute
what does getting u to spend money in a bar where she works mean she has to go home with you?

Your the one buying her drinks thinking it will change her opinion of you to her.Cant see she forced you to buy any drinks for her.
she should have the option to pick and choose but the lady drink
?? ur saying she should NOT DO HER JOB which is to get customers buying drinks?
she's working in a prostitution house
she is working in a bar, what she does on her own time is not relevant
Another, still falling for the marketing schemes dreamed up by who knows what?, certainly not fine upstanding citizens diba?

Why leave it in doubt? well of course to entice the unknowing guy to continue buying said lady drinks along with his own...may I reflect for you on a story? I was courting a lady in Nagaworld, ordering drinks for myself(comped of course) and tipping her a dollar a drink. Needless to say, she become my friend and at the end of her shift came over and lowered her head and said "goodbye sir" "my shift is over"...I said "here's my hotel card with my mobile number, give me a call if you want to"...to wit, she called an hour later and I was at my hotel to meet her soon thereafter. We had dinner and laughs, then back at the hotel up she came. Like the 7/11 girls you are so infatuated with, she took a shower and came out with only a towel wrapped around her. I carefully(I had showered first) undid it and she let it fall to the floor and jumped on me, legs wrapped around my somewhat large belly. Oh my goodness, what an afternoon. So you see, it's all driven by money. She knew I was a high roller and would pay her accordingly. I'd estimate she was 30 years younger than me. But unlike you and a few others, I knew deep down she expected to be paid. I'm not so naive okay mate?

ps: Guys go in to these "hostess bars" expecting all the girls to be willing, able, and wanting to go out with them. They, despite pleas on this forum, don't expect to be simply hustled by girls trying to earn a "reasonable" salary of $600.usd a month selling lady drinks. This is our topic. Thank you. I miss said Nagaworld girl. Going to check airfares now. I hope she's still there or at least has the same sim card/number.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"Of course that is the system, but said money is not earned and therefore my point remains valid. The "bar" is enticing the girl to sell something of no value to the customer. It doesn't help her, it ruins her."

She is selling her company. She is in the hospitality business. It is not of no value. Nor is she.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Otis wrote: She is selling her company. She is in the hospitality business. It is not of no value. Nor is she.
Her hospitality is of no financial value to me or anyone else with any sense of what is going on. I'm interested in her paid company only if she is ready, willing, and able to have sex with me. Otherwise, I'll pass on being entertained by her in such a way and especially at a price of a days pay for every 10-15min. But you go ahead, you are the ones ruining decent women's attitudes. I pay my hotel maids to wash my clothes, by hand, and at .50cents per item. They love me for it and so should you. Do you know why? Because they earn an extra $2.-$3.usd from me, for actual work, which is for actually doing something of value. Some even want to earn more and they know how, they aren't so stupid as to think it's by talking to me. They twist, turn towards the door, lock it, and come back and start to undress. It's ruthless and disgusting to you I'm sure, but the money is for something of interest and value to me. Okay, that about covers it, or should I say uncovers it? :dragonchase:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

NokTang wrote:
Otis wrote: She is selling her company. She is in the hospitality business. It is not of no value. Nor is she.
Her hospitality is of no financial value to me or anyone else with any sense of what is going on. I'm interested in her paid company only if she is ready, willing, and able to have sex with me. Otherwise, I'll pass on being entertained by her in such a way and especially at a price of a days pay for every 10-15min. But you go ahead, you are the ones ruining decent women's attitudes. I pay my hotel maids to wash my clothes, by hand, and at .50cents per item. They love me for it and so should you. Do you know why? Because they earn an extra $2.-$3.usd from me, for actual work, which is for actually doing something of value. Some even want to earn more and they know how, they aren't so stupid as to think it's by talking to me. They twist, turn towards the door, lock it, and come back and start to undress. It's ruthless and disgusting to you I'm sure, but the money is for something of interest and value to me. Okay, that about covers it, or should I say uncovers it? :dragonchase:
As Otis rightfully points out “She is selling her company. She is in the hospitality business. It is not of no value. Nor is she.”
Lets look at the definition of value:
Value in business markets is the worth in monetary terms of the technical, economic, service, and social benefits a customer company receives in exchange for the price it pays for a market offering.

Basically the value of a service is what the market is willing to pay. The hostess is giving her time and attention and generally entertaining the customer in return for the price of a lady drink. There are sufficient customers both desirous of this service and willing to pay the current lady drink prices to make this viable and give value to her service at the current rates.

You state that “Making an extra $200.usd a month for sure helped them, no one disagrees, but via selling lady drinks to unknowing customers is where we differ...” But the fact is that customers are generally not “unknowing” For the most part they are fully aware that the cost of a lady drink is for her time and pay accordingly. Of course there will be some customers that are new to Phnom Penh and unfamiliar with the Hostess Bar concept that may mistakenly expect a girl to accept a bar fine after buying her drinks but that is more to do with the naivety of the customer than it has to do with the Hostess Bar concept.

As you state “Her hospitality is of no financial value to me or anyone else with any sense of what is going on. I'm interested in her paid company only if she is ready, willing, and able to have sex with me” And here lies the crux of the matter “her hospitality is of no financial value to you” However it is of value to many other customers who understand the hostess bar concept and are happy to pay for this service. If her hospitality is of no financial value to you may I suggest it would be better that you stay away from hostess bars and concentrate on venues that deal primarily with selling sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic