Go Aussies Go ! 3 Drunk Australians Detained Hours After Arrival in Cambodia by Phnom Penh Police

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Go Aussies Go ! 3 Drunk Australians Detained Hours After Arrival in Cambodia by Phnom Penh Police

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Way to go, Australia! The trio of drunks arrived in Phnom Penh today, and have already been held by Cambodian police, sent to the Immigration Department, and have made CEO News. That is quite a feat.
Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On July 19, 2019, at 7 pm, the General Department of Immigration in Phnom Penh, received three Australian menwho have just arrived in the country, after they were taken to the Tonle Basac police station for being rude and drunk and taking their shirts off in public.

The Australian men were identified as BLAKE AARON MCCLAIR 28 years old, JOSHUA PAUL RUDOLF , 29 years old, and CHRISTOPHER BASILIO DE RITO , 28 years old. They all arrived in Cambodia as tourists today, on July 19, 2019, through Phnom Penh International Airport and are staying at MAD MONKEY Guesthouse in Phnom Penh. Before coming to Cambodia, they spent a month in Phuket, Thailand.
They told the police that they were so drunk that they didn't know that taking your shirt off in public is illegal in Cambodia. According to the permission of Lieutenant Sor Samnang, deputy director of the immigration department, the three Australian men were re-educated by the immigration authorities about behaving respectfully in Cambodia and not causing a public nuisance, and were then released.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Go Aussies Go ! 3 Drunk Australians Detained Hours After Arrival in Cambodia by Phnom Penh Police

Post by atst »

Dickheads should have gone to Bali where they belong
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Go Aussies Go ! 3 Drunk Australians Detained Hours After Arrival in Cambodia by Phnom Penh Police

Post by fax »

Dickheads should have stayed in Straya where they belong!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Shirtless?

Send them back! Send them back!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 pm Shirtless?

Send them back! Send them back!
It's not often that British expats are welcome around the world. Except wherever Australians go. We look fairly mild in comparison...
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Saw these bozos turn onto 294 in a tuk tuk at 5pm near bassac. One was lying on the floor of the tuk tuk. Looked like they were headed for/looking for trouble.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

epidemiks wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:02 pm Saw these bozos turn onto 294 in a tuk tuk at 5pm near bassac. One was lying on the floor of the tuk tuk. Looked like they were headed for/looking for trouble.
I'm not being a douche. I'm asking for asking sake. What made you think they were headed for/looking for trouble. Just curious.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:06 pm
epidemiks wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:02 pm Saw these bozos turn onto 294 in a tuk tuk at 5pm near bassac. One was lying on the floor of the tuk tuk. Looked like they were headed for/looking for trouble.
I'm not being a douche. I'm asking for asking sake. What made you think they were headed for/looking for trouble. Just curious.
Maybe the fact that they were headed to a strip of bars and one of them was already passed out drunk on the floor of a tuk tuk at 5 pm? And the shirtless thing.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Plus acting lairy, as in drunken/loud and abusive. That sort of behavior may be acceptable on the streets of Melbourne/Manchester etc - but not here. Think about how many times you have seen a crowd of locals acting like that, and imagine them trying that BS abroad. It just doesn't wear, I'm surprised they didn't get locked up in Thailand because they are a lot less forgiving there.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm
Yerg wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:06 pm
Maybe the fact that they were headed to a strip of bars and one of them was already passed out drunk on the floor of a tuk tuk at 5 pm? And the shirtless thing.
Fair enough. Seen less unreported.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic