Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis.

Post by beaker »

I know this is off topic but ..
On Facebook there is a place called 'Dreamer Hood' it is in Vietnam they seem to have a great variety of products.

Delicious looking Buds

Nice looking Hash

and Cannabis infused Beer

Has anyone ever visited the place ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

beaker wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:35 pm I know this is off topic but ..
On Facebook there is a place called 'Dreamer Hood' it is in Vietnam they seem to have a great variety of products.

Has anyone ever visited the place ?
Yeah, looks good- it's started popping up on my fb- don't think i liked it or anything but thats the spooky facebook way i guess. I hope it's legit- if it was i guess it would be owned by cops- but my cynical side tells me its some scammy Vietnamese BS.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

^^ Yeah it's the place I thought- last year when I checked it out online there were heaps of reviews saying they just take photos from Amsterdam/ Colorado and when you get there all they have is the same old overpriced "ditchweed". They've obviously found a way to remove all the bad reviews. Still, I'd have a look if I was in the area.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Thai weed industry grows promising sprouts :thumb:

So if u have a thai wife or gf you can grow ur 6 plants for ur consumption OR
sell it to the goverment and make easy $$ :beer3:
Policy to allow every Thai household to grow six marijuana plants for sale to the government is starting to take root
Thailand has built what’s being described as the biggest industrial-scale medical marijuana facility in Southeast Asia with 12,000 plants under cultivation, and will soon allow all Thais to grow six cannabis plants “in their back gardens like any other herb.”

Recreational marijuana use remains illegal in the kingdom, with punishments including imprisonment. Enthusiasts hope the evanescing resistance to medical marijuana will eventually result in looser laws for public puffing enjoyment and business profits.

Those changes appear to be gaining momentum. On September 2, government officials attended a ceremony in northern Thailand’s Chiang Mai where Maejo University researchers planted 12,000 new marijuana sprouts.

Anutin led his middle-sized Bhumjaithai (Proud to be Thai) party’s campaign earlier this year during parliamentary elections by promising each household could grow six marijuana plants. By selling each mature plant to the government for $2,225, a family could earn $13,350 for all six, he told voters.
https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/09/artic ... g-sprouts/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Cannabis oil products made in Thailand are seen on display during the launch of the first official medical cannabis clinic to provide free treatment for the first batch of patients taking part in a monitoring research programme in Bangkok, Jan 6, 2020. (Reuters file photo)/size]

Thailand touted as medical marijuana tourist destination

“We don’t want foreigners to come in and invest, then reap all the benefits.”

Bloomberg
10 AUG 2020

Thailand’s ailing economy, particularly its tourism and agriculture sectors, is poised to get a boost from new rules that ease the private cultivation and sale of medical marijuana.

“Thailand is already a tourist destination for many foreigners, and marijuana will be another attraction for the country and for medical tourists,” Marut Jirasrattasiri, director-general of the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine, said in an interview. Private medical practitioners with licences will gain the right to “grow, produce and export marijuana,” he said, adding that Thai farmers will gain “more options for income.”

“In the next stages, both Thais and foreigners will have the opportunity to be treated with medical marijuana, but only after the Covid-19 pandemic has passed and inter-travel restrictions lifted,” Mr Marut said. “Marijuana has always been Thailand’s crop, and all the foreign countries love it.”

The majority of Thailand’s 23 exchange-traded health-care operators, led by Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Plc Bumrungrad Hospital Plc and Samitivej Plc derive a significant portion of their revenue from foreign patients.

full. https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/19 ... estination
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

Oh lovely, I can see it now, Anutin will declare that Thailand will be the cannabis hub of SEA if he's elected PM. Just no raggy pothead backpacker hippie tourists allowed, only high value elite card holding tourists, and they will serve their quarantine on cannabis island somewhere in the Andaman. Oh the billions of baht will be dancing in all their little stoned heads.
----
now that cannabis infused beer looks rather interesting... could probably do same with vodka.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Wonder if exporting ganja could replace tourism as an industry.

I am now imagining Isaan gals growing tons of chronic.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cannabis café: Prachin Buri hospital opens “Taste of Ganja” restaurant
Caitlin Ashworth
Published 11 hours ago on Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Cannabis is now on the menu at a Thailand hospital restaurant, but don’t expect to get high from the meals seasoned with cannabis leaves. Only parts of the plant that contain very, very low traces of the psychoactive component tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, are legal for consumption. The THC-rich, euphoria-inducing buds are still illegal and classified as a Category 5 narcotic.

“Ganja Ros,” meaning “Taste of Ganja” at Prachin Buri’s Chao Phraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital serves spicy salad with fried cannabis leaves, bread with cannabis leaves and meat stir fried with basil and cannabis leaves. The restaurant is open from 9am to 4pm.

Last month, cannabis leaves, stems, stalks and roots were officially removed from Thailand’s narcotics list, allowing basically any part of the plant except for the buds to be used for consumption. Only those authorised by the government can grow and cultivate cannabis.

Chao Phraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital has been active in promoting cannabis for medical use. The hospital opened a medical marijuana clinic in 2019 distributing cannabis oil with low THC content to patients.
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ca ... restaurant
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic