Why would 50% of men still date a Thai bar girl?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Why would 50% of men still date a Thai bar girl?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

By Dan Cheeseman
May 2, 2019

I have heard some expats define going with a bar girl not like prostitution but rather more akin to ‘renting a girlfriend’.

"The other thing I found nuts – and I am not talking about the ladyboys crown jewels – when dating a bar girl all those years back was telling lies to my friends and family. When asked how I met I certainly didn’t say she was a prostitute and that our first ‘date’ cost me one thousand baht! What if I went on to have children with her and my kids asked the same question of how we met?! "

" I dont get emotional attachment i dont care who else she is “seeing”. Its a trade off the value of seeing her and not seeing her. If shes fun, good to be with, and good in the bedroom then game on. Comparative to the cost. If she is high maintenance then the cost outweighs the benefit. Low maintenance good fun good company then most assuredly its a yes. For mere mortals no they cant deal with the jealousy issues.”

"For me, I have dated two Thai bar girls in my time here in Thailand and both did my head in. They had no motivations in life, always wanted money, moaned and had a mindset that was poisoned from their time in the bar. I am sure some of you will disagree and say you are happy with your girlfriend who used to work the bars, but I am sure of this – you are a minority!"

Full https://danaboutthailand.com/2019/05/02 ... -bar-girl/
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Why would 50% of men still date a Thai bar girl?

Post by Isaanbarang »

Because theirs is different? Because they are far from family and friends that would judge them? For the life of me I can"t imagine why anyone would order a bowl of soup a thousand others have spit in.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Isaanbarang wrote:Because theirs is different? Because they are far from family and friends that would judge them? For the life of me I can"t imagine why anyone would order a bowl of soup a thousand others have spit in.
Always best to stick with virgins, hey?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I be purchased a used car before but I did not look at taxis, too many miles for my taste thank you. I was t aware that there were only two choices, whore or virgin.
I certainly did t mean to offend you, if you are happy with your soup good for you.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

They generally rinse the jizz out afterwards, unless that's something you enjoy. Pretty sure your beer glass has seen a lot of spit.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

My beerglass didn't t start out as a pint and now holds a gallon thank you. Again I apologize if my comment offended you.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

I thought she was different :cry:
Don't forget the water buffalo
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Where is this 50% nonsense coming from?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

From Cheese man of Thailand according to the OP.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Isaanbarang wrote:I be purchased a used car before but I did not look at taxis, too many miles for my taste thank you. I was t aware that there were only two choices, whore or virgin.
I certainly did t mean to offend you, if you are happy with your soup good for you.
Where would one draw the line? Happy with 10 guys , 20, 100, but not 1000?
Spit is spit!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic