Tourists forced by Thai police to march naked down a beach.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Tourists forced by Thai police to march naked down a beach.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Image: The Sun.

SHAMED tourists were forced by Thai police to march naked down a beach after furious locals spotted them skinny dipping.

"The group - from Britain, Australia, Spain, and Japan - were caught frolicking in the sea at Ao Nang beach, starkers, by outraged residents of popular tourist destination, Krabi."

"The five women and one man can be seen desperately trying to cover their bits as Thai police usher them along.The girls had to scramble to cover their boobs themselves, but the man was supplied with a small black towel to cover his modesty."

"The youngsters said they had decided to go skinny dipping because the bars, usually open to the early hours, had closed early to mark the national Buddhist Lent celebrations and they had nothing else to do."

"Police confirmed the public embarrassment "ensured that they would not repeat such behaviour again in the future," and the group were forced to make an apology."

Full https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9525288/t ... nydipping/
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Tourists forced by Thai police to march naked down a beach.

Post by Phnom Poon »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 pm "The girls had to scramble to cover their boobs themselves, but the man was supplied with a small black towel to cover his modesty."
lol
I hardly think this is a case of male privilege, rather more of esthetics

monstra mihi bona!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I read that as " police confirmed the pubic embarrassment "
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS, WHERE'S THE HUMAN RIGHTS?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

yong wrote:HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS, WHERE'S THE HUMAN RIGHTS?
What exactly are these human 'rights' you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

yong wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 am HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMAN RIGHTS, WHERE'S THE HUMAN RIGHTS?
In America they would end up having to register as sex offenders. Indecent exposure I believe would be the charge for public nudity.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I was taught by a very smart lady from Mexico in 1980 that America is North America...Central America and South America..
Mexico is in North America...
blabbing that in America you would be a sex offender is nonsense...it depends on what State if you are referring to the USA... Certainly, in many parts of The Americas it would be frowned upon....
other places there would be a thousand more just like them...
Farangs visiting Thailand need only to read a few of the do's and don'ts and they would see that nudity on the beach is a no no...
I am appalled that barangs are coming to Siem Reap and taking nude pics at the Angkor Wat complex.
so much so...that the back of my recent pass has a warning about it...
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

Thai police wouldn't force anyone to march naked down the beach. They were taken back to their clothing
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

j57 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 pm I was taught by a very smart lady from Mexico in 1980 that America is North America...Central America and South America..
Mexico is in North America...
blabbing that in America you would be a sex offender is nonsense...it depends on what State if you are referring to the USA... Certainly, in many parts of The Americas it would be frowned upon....
other places there would be a thousand more just like them...
Farangs visiting Thailand need only to read a few of the do's and don'ts and they would see that nudity on the beach is a no no...
I am appalled that barangs are coming to Siem Reap and taking nude pics at the Angkor Wat complex.
so much so...that the back of my recent pass has a warning about it...
I was tutored by a Honduran with a membership in Mensa in the mid 1970s who taught me the real name of "Mexico" is the United States of Mexico. I wonder how your Mexican friend failed to mention that to you. Sad, now we both look like fools.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic