Why Are There So many Old White Men in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Why Are There So many Old White Men in Cambodia?

Post by sigmoid »

Well, there are old white men throughout all of Southeast Asia from Europe, North America and Downunder. In many cases, they've lost interest in their home countries and just want to live somewhere they can halfway enjoy their death spiral. Tropical weather and low cost of living appeal to most people as do tropical fruit, exotic food and attractive women.

If anyone has a problem with this, it's simply their problem and they can travel somewhere else.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I clicked the link to the article. Is says 404 Page Not Found?

I hope an article like this at least had some good photos of creepy old dudes sitting around the Riverside.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

See the urls I linked on page 2
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

She should try swimming with whale's,acceptance into the pod would be automatic.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Ha Ha poor old Wandering Traveller needs to travel further to get a more balanced view, maybe the Gambia, Jamaica, or Goa the article could be written exactly the same by changing from single old white men to single old white women looking for the young big black Bamboo, any currency accepted.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 am I clicked the link to the article. Is says 404 Page Not Found?

I hope an article like this at least had some good photos of creepy old dudes sitting around the Riverside.
Sadly, very little "empirical" evidence. Just an opinion piece. :stir:
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:Bravo: Its easy to see why this lass has her opinion,the riverside area is full off old white men.When are you classed as old?40-50-60- 70,im 58 and still consider myself young,i drink on 136st daily and do it in a girly bar.The girls in the bar actually disllike me because i have no money for lady drinks and bar fines and i really find that amusing.
Girls i have known for 5yrs plus know the real me and we chat as friends like any girl who i knew in the west.There are plenty off creeps on 136st usually guys who come 3 or 4 times a year,i have names for them and find it quite halarious when they get stitched up by the girls.Were there is poverty there will be predators and if you cant understand this girls point of view maybe your in denial.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

And why are the women going to Africa?

https://youtu.be/NaMw3e7fEV4
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Nixon wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 am And why are the women going to Africa?

https://youtu.be/NaMw3e7fEV4
Men visit Asia for the temples, women visit Africa for the wooden sculptures. Nothing like native art to try and quench their culture thirst.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:00 am :Bravo: Its easy to see why this lass has her opinion,the riverside area is full off old white men.
I always find it strange how people come to an opinion based on such a limited area.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic