Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Female Belgian Tourist Scammed for $200 by Massage Girls on Street 172

Post by Phnom Poon »

Artisan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm After each incident masseuses are being transported to other places and brought back afterwards.
For re-education?
Is it legit, or a happy ending pretending to be legit, or just not even pretending?

monstra mihi bona!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Phnom Poon wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:11 pm
Artisan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm After each incident masseuses are being transported to other places and brought back afterwards.
For re-education?

One has to be able to read between the lines.
A little slap on the wrists (not the hands, those are needed for massaging), a fatherly reprimand not doing the same again.

Is it legit, or a happy ending pretending to be legit, or just not even pretending?

That is gobbledygook to me.
pebbles&nightsky
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 pm Is that someone's Belgian friend?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
I’ll ask him. (He’s a one of those gays so I doubt it)
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

fax wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:27 am
Yerg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 pm Put yourself in the position, deserve everything you get.
Oh dear, have you met Rozzie our residential in position putter? You two could talk for days.
I don’t get that reference. Is it a sexual thing like planing or felching?
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Mostcurious »

Hi there

The best way not to get scammed at a dodgy massage parlour is to use a Pacsafe bumbag, a vinyl coated steel cable, a combination padlock and an alarm padlock.

Keep the Bumbag with you at all times, and never put it into a locker even if the massage worker says it is perfectly safe there.

If you decide to use the shower activate the alarm padlock.

Maybe a little OT but it is better to be safe than sorry.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

I went to one of those places once, only took the $3.50. the massage lasted about 3 minutes, if you could call it a massage, I think it was supposed to go straight to whatever they do. I dont know, she spoke no english so i dont know if its sex or a hand job, but I was supposed to leave my trousers on a table which was right next to a fabric wall and she started calling someone when i did that. didnt have any money but had my phone so I put it under my leg and thats when the one hour massage ended 57 minutes early. not that I would expect anyone to massage me for an hour for $3.50. obviously theres some scam going on
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Mostcurious »

These massage scams are becoming quite common in Cambodia and Vietnam, although not as serious as the Shanghai Massage scam in China, it is still important for tourists to be made aware of this scam when visiting the country. Should certainly be put on the list of top 10 travel scams when visiting Cambodia.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

DaveG that was well spotted, actress and presenter, centre of attention seeker "possibly".
India, Thailand you can get some real serious massage. Cambodia don't even try, that also goes for 99% of the massage girls, and believe me I have tried. Now I have given up here! But I am a believer in the art of their profession to your wellbeing, from back in "93" India the start of my belief in the good it can do for your body, Ayurvedic body massage is performed with an acute awareness of the marmas and chakras. Then, Thailand especially for Thai-oil massage. it can be difficult at times to get the masseur or masseuse to perform the combination of the two massagers, the Thai usually performed strong, compared to the smoothly soft oil massage, but the combination of the two strongly, to be worked on the tendons and ligaments, preferably for two hours by the use of the elbow of the masseuse is a rewarding therapy to the body. "Anyway" that's my serious point about massage and someone's wellbeing.
But the OP's thread is not about the therapeutic advantages. Its about her accusation of the theft of her monies by masseuse girls. It's simple just don't give them the opportunity, in six years I have been going to massage establishments all over the Kingdom, even at times falling to sleep in the places, never had anything stolen, I must have just been lucky, or I have nothing to steal. 10,000reil places my suit some or not, I would not care to go. But I did just recently with a girl who was going for that cupping they like. The girl gestured to the other masseuse whom was laid on the far mattress on the floor, that she should massage me! The masseuse refed she was laying down because she was sick. 20 minutes later she got up and walked over too me saying she now would now give me the massage, I replied "don't trouble yourself" and carried on playing with my phone.

davegorman "felching" I had to look that one up, pretty sick to me, do people take their own straw and expect that kind of act in these establishments.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

fax wrote:
Oh dear, have you met Rozzie our residential in position putter? You two could talk for days.
What are you on about?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

andy1 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 pm what i want to know is.......did she get a happy ending????
I never get any whipped cream or cherries at the seedy massage places. I guess there is no happy ending for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic