Finnish Man Held for No Passport and Causing Confusion in Public

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ebinpena
Tourist
Benin

Re: Finnish Man Held for No Passport and Causing Confusion in Public

Post by ebinpena »

This guy has been doing streams and posting about his shenanigans on a Finnish site for a while, and there's been a whole story arc where this junkie heads abroad and "tries to become sober" like it's Reindeerspotting 2. Honestly people have just been waiting to see when he's going to either die or get arrested. A couple months ago he was hanging out in Poland, but then he decided to head to Cambodia with some guy. So far he's been in several moped crashes, almost OD'd, had severe cuts to his feet and arms, and got severe infections from those wounds which got him hospitalized. While he was in the hospital, he posted something along the lines of "they've given me some painkillers, but I also brought my own" :thumb:

A while back they sent their passports somewhere to get them renewed or something, I forget the details, but they haven't gotten them back (they were probably just sold somewhere). So they've just been traveling without passports for over a month now. I think they were planning to head to India at some point, but they haven't gotten very far. Somebody just linked this thread over there so I figured I'd register and shed some light on this whole thing

Anyway, here's a video clip which kind of sums up what they've been doing https://i.ylilauta.org/47/c1046cf8.mp4

Might as well link one of the threads too, it's all in Finnish and mostly just various nonsense, but there are some old images there of his undertakings and wounds https://ylilauta.org/sekalainen/103402527
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Finnish is quite a confusing language.
JonneVirtanen
Tourist

Post by JonneVirtanen »

Yes he is from finland and he is rappiotubettaja from ylilauta
ebinpena
Tourist
Benin

Post by ebinpena »

ebinpena wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 amA while back they sent their passports somewhere to get them renewed or something, I forget the details, but they haven't gotten them back (they were probably just sold somewhere). So they've just been traveling without passports for over a month now.
Have to correct myself here: they sent the passports out for a visa application, and they did actually get them back at some point. So I guess it was the cops who lost his passport :wink:
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am Finnish is quite a confusing language.
JonneVirtanen wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:03 pm rappiotubettaja from ylilauta

No kidding.

Looks like they gave him a new haircut

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Man Held for No Passport and Causing Confusion in Public

Post by Doc67 »

davegorman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:35 am He’s so Finnished.
as is your career as a comedian
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

If causing confusion in public is a crime, I've been very lucky not to have been near any cops when I've been trying to offload a couple of dozen 100 and a few 500 Riel notes at the tills instead of using the dollar bills I have in a separate compartment of my wallet with a queue of twenty people behind me.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Amkoo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Amkoo »

What do you think does he gets little hangor while he is in custody, if he has been under influence of dozens of different drugs at least that 2 months? :D
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Amkoo wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm What do you think does he gets little hangor while he is in custody, if he has been under influence of dozens of different drugs at least that 2 months? :D
Not a big problem. U-Care delivers.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Man Held for No Passport and Causing Confusion in Public

Post by General Mackevili »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:08 am
logos wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 am
Cruisemonkey wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 am Causing confusion in public? What was he doing... driving and obeying the 'rules of the road'?
Or adding up the value of 3 drinks without a calculator - barang black magic
I got some food delivered on the weekend, it came to $14, I gave the guy $15, he proceeded to use the calculator on his phone to figure out the change.
Please tell me you got $6 in change?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic