Big Pharma salaries

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chester
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Big Pharma salaries

Post by Chester »

I was watching my favourite tv news channel (RT, its so pretentious and up its own arse and pseudo intellectual I love it! hah hah hah) talking about Big Pharma salaries. Just had a look at the top salaries. Wow. The top ten pharma execs earn $175 million a year. Medication in the US is ten times as expensive as Canada.

Now, I have never been motivated by money so I am really struggling with this, but how can these top ten twats live with themselves? Who needs an $18 million dollar a year salary (out of people who are sick to make it even more reprehensible) ? What do they do with the money apart from buy a load of stupid juvenile shit like fast cars, big boats and showing off?

Disgraceful
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Big Pharma salaries

Post by John Bingham »

Medication in the US is ten times as expensive as Canada.
It's not something I know a whole lot about, but those medications are often sold by the same companies at vastly different prices in different countries, so I don't believe it's just the pharmaceutical manufacturers who are profiteering. It's doctors, hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, Medicaid/ VHA and a whole chain of related services. It can cost thousands of dollars just to get an ambulance, without even being given any special care or medication. Yet the system actually costs more per capita in taxes than much more successful ones in other countries.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Big Pharma salaries

Post by A10 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:55 pm ...insurance companies...
That's one of the biggest ones I suspect.

There's a substantial amount of doctors that now go strictly on a cash basis for a sizeable discount because of the headaches of dealing with insurance payouts and ridiculous markups.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic