Building on Fire in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Building on Fire in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, Preah Sihanouk province: According to a preliminary report, a big fire has broken out in a Sihanoukville building tonight at 6:30 pm on July 15, 2019.
The cause of the fire is not yet clear.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Building on Fire in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update: Huy Bunleng reports from Sihanoukville that at 9pm this evening the fire was mastered, and there was nobody hurt. The fire started due to an electrical fault.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Right, an electrical fault. Can happen anywhere, and of course it didn't have anything to do with this being a Chinese establishment. As we all know, the Chinese sites have world class construction, plumbing and electrical. No chance of questioning that. Of course not. Because those Chinese are filling our Khmer pockets with hundreds of thousands of ...err... riels!!!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I don't know myself about building regulations, but if any I doubt or not followed up. But I would say for commercial and public buildings it should be the norm for some sort of regulations to protect the general public. With the tragic collapse of the recent building under development had brought awareness from official's and the public. People like myself who have come from a background of health and safety know how important these regulations, and even basic health and safety training is important to peoples wellbeing. I know it will not stop accidents happening, but it may prevent a few and save lives. How would it be for the official's concern to put a building safety team together to visit finished new buildings that are open and serving the public, I would think better than reading more tragedies in tomorrows news.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic