Goodbye Manfred

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Goodbye Manfred

Post by General Mackevili »

This is the same guy, right? If so, I took a video of him yelling at a tuk-tuk driver on Street 172 last month.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm This is the same guy, right?
Yes
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:06 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm :stir: Thats why they keep them in immagration for 3 months, gets them off the gear or beer. :boxing:
?? BS: ur saying they arrest you an than what? lock you up, feed you for 3 months and than what? allow you back on the streets>
They lock you up till they can deport you.
Which leads me to ask, Who pays ? Ur Embassy?
Well i have had 2 friends who ended up in immagration.Both were there for 3 months before being deported.One was Belguim the other Dutch,they have no embassies in Cambodia.
Manfred may be lucky as the German embassy are very good and he has a 500 euro plus pension.But the aversge time spent in immagration is 3 months if your Embassy is useless.
Ps you your family or friends have to pay for the airfare,as i was involved in both fares that were paid in full a month before they were released i suggest the khmers aint bothered sbout the buck they spend per day on food per person.
and if you have no family? who pays?
the guy i know deported from new zealand owes and is currently paying back the new zealand government for his deportation.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

From cambodia to NZ
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:06 pm
PIEMAN wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm :stir: Thats why they keep them in immagration for 3 months, gets them off the gear or beer. :boxing:
?? BS: ur saying they arrest you an than what? lock you up, feed you for 3 months and than what? allow you back on the streets>
They lock you up till they can deport you.
Which leads me to ask, Who pays ? Ur Embassy?
Well i have had 2 friends who ended up in immagration.Both were there for 3 months before being deported.One was Belguim the other Dutch,they have no embassies in Cambodia.
Manfred may be lucky as the German embassy are very good and he has a 500 euro plus pension.But the aversge time spent in immagration is 3 months if your Embassy is useless.
Ps you your family or friends have to pay for the airfare,as i was involved in both fares that were paid in full a month before they were released i suggest the khmers aint bothered sbout the buck they spend per day on food per person.

Your friends should have visited the German embassy. Any EU citizen can seek help/representation at any EU embassy in case the native country isn’t represented. The embassy is required to assist any EU citizen as it’s own citizen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen ... pean_Union

“Right to consular protection: a right to protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of other Member States when in a non-EU Member State, if there are no diplomatic or consular authorities from the citizen's own state (Article 23): this is due to the fact that not all member states maintain embassies in every country in the world (14 countries have only one embassy from an EU state).[29]”

However. I don’t think anyone should expect their embassy to assist with money or help to get back home unless there is a major disaster like the tsunami back in 2004(?). I have been in a situation when I really needed help and I was offered an interpreter and help getting money from my family routed to me.

As an example: https://www.confused.com/travel-insuran ... out-abroad

Does anyone know for sure that a ticket home has been paid by an embassy? If so, what were the circumstances?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic