Hobbies and free time activities in Phnom Penh (aside from eating and drinking)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Hobbies and free time activities in Phnom Penh (aside from eating and drinking)

Post by Mr.November »

Hello all,

What are the favourite expat activities and hobbies in Phnom Penh, say during weekends or after work if you are not hungry and don't drink? Share your tips, and only include things that don't involve drinking or eating or cost more than a few bucks.

My list includes events by BritCham, AmCham, EuroCham (but they are pricey, always from $20 to $50 per session), Hash House Harriers, Facebook Events (some occasional art and shop openings), escapades to the nearby countryside (done Silk Island and Takeo Wildlife Reserve already), river cruise, museums (visited Genocide one last weekend), lounging at free swimming pools.

Please share your ideas!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Hobbies and free time activities in Phnom Penh (aside from eating and drinking)

Post by hanno »

Personally, HHH, running, bird watching, cycling. But I do actually also love eating and drinking.....
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Hobbies and free time activities in Phnom Penh (aside from eating and drinking)

Post by Duncan »

Mr.November wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm Hello all,

What are the favourite expat activities and hobbies in Phnom Penh, say during weekends or after work if you are not hungry and don't drink? Share your tips, and only include things that don't involve drinking or eating or cost more than a few bucks.

My list includes events by BritCham, AmCham, EuroCham (but they are pricey, always from $20 to $50 per session), Hash House Harriers, Facebook Events (some occasional art and shop openings), escapades to the nearby countryside (done Silk Island and Takeo Wildlife Reserve already), river cruise, museums (visited Genocide one last weekend), lounging at free swimming pools.

Please share your ideas!

Make more work as your hobby and you will find you dont have any weekends or spare time to worry about. Give all the extra money to beggars, bar-girls and family and you will enjoy getting back to even more work.

Well it worked for me.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

May start exploring the area around PP a bit? A lot of places can be visited for a weekend trip and most make a nice change from PP.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I discovered photography 18 months ago, this new hobby engaging me more than any other I can recall. Being an avid traveler of the region for almost the last thirty five years, I'm unsure how I didn't happen upon it earlier. Regardless, I now see Asia almost anew and find myself drawn to areas or parts of villages and towns I may not have ventured into before.

Other than photography, I continue to write that screenplay, learn new songs on the guitar, and gloat enthusiastically at other people's misfortunes.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Lay a woman and make some babies and your free time problem will be no more.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Is HHH a regular thing in PP?
It became quite sketchy in SIhanoukville and was off and on etc now it’s totally finished.

Oh, and do they actually run or just walk?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

davegorman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm Is HHH a regular thing in PP?
It became quite sketchy in SIhanoukville and was off and on etc now it’s totally finished.

its a running club for drunks
or is it
a drinking club for runners? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

I go running and recently joined a gym.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:15 am
davegorman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm Is HHH a regular thing in PP?

its a running club for drunks
or is it
a drinking club for runners? :stir:
Drinkers with a running problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic