Thai women who marry Western men.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thai women who marry Western men.

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm my Ex wife was from Khon Kaen>> and contrary to what you think, been all over Issan< Enough to know i'd never want to live up there. You think i just stay in the south?
I have asked my thai friend who told me about the village for the name and will post

PS: never, ever said all the girls from Issan go to Pattaya, Please dont attribute that to me.
"This is the same guy who claims there are whole villages in Isaan where all the daughters go to Pattaya and become hookers." is what i said

Re: I have seen a dystopian future
Post by phuketrichard » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 pm
"There is one town, i forget the name in Issan, that the whole Commerce of the town is based on bar girls bringing their old husbands up there to build a home and retire "

I am wrong to have stated you said hookers when you said bargirls. I stand corrected.

There whole villages ( note the s as it means plural) in Issan filled with mixed marriage couples and beautiful homes and a town where the whole commerce is based ex bargirls with old farang husbands.

Can you remember the name of that town where the commerce is based on ex bar girls and their old husbands or will you have to ask your Thai friend about it as well?

[Mod edit: seems a recent day off didn't make you any more civil and you're back trolling and argumentative for the sake of argument only....take a week off]
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:05 pm you got to stop reading articles in scmp

Thai women marry farangs cause they can get the stability no thai man can offer them>

you know there whole villages in Issan filled with mixed marriage couples and beautiful homes.

Great photo btw, but did you read the article ?
As Patcharin correctly points out: “The phenomenon of transnational marriage is far more complex than a simple short cut to wealth.

“Rather, these marriages are situated in the processes of social transition and reproduction in the face of local-global encounters, in which gender, class, lifestyles, norms and practices regarding marriage and family are put to severe test, along with imaginings about a better life for all concerned.”
Yes i did and yes it was a great catch, so great it has been stolen and used in dozens of websites with never giving me credit!!!

Thai men never seen to grow up and if they have $$ they always leave their wife's and take a gik or mistress.
After all they have their Kng to look up to and emulate

Where as an older farang will give them security, ( maybe even take care their parents if their still alive) even if their not wealthy
Plus thai society does not look down on june-dec marriages to farangs
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Great photo. No boom boom, no baby.
What can you say to that ? Help ? :dragonchase: ?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just for laugh please don’t zap me

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I believe PR is mostly right. The town is popularly believed to be Buriram, with a long history of supplying TGs to the BG industry. It's a long running joke. "Ah, don't tell me. She's from Buriram?" Cue laughter. Change scene to Vietnam. The western provinces of the Mekong Delta are Vietnam's Buriram. Etc.

I toured 10 of the 13 Isaan provinces by bus and train some 10 years ago and was instantly dissuaded of any idea of living there. Spent a week in Surin, hitting a popular restaurant several times for breakfast. The local foreigners were well lubricated by 11 am. A very sad tableau there and in nearby Buriram. Couldn't wait to return to Bangkok.

It was often very hard to tell what town you were in because they all look the same, all copy/paste towns, as one friend put it. Except Nakhon Phanom, which is quite pretty, looking as it does across the Mekong into Lao.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A couple of vids from 2010 of farangs living in the Isaan region with their thai wives.

Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Spent Christmas last year in Udon Thani & was stunned at how many Farang/Siam families there were.
Traveling on my own i was the odd one out, for me it had blown a certain stereo type out of the water.
Was a pleasure to see & met some good skins!
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm I believe PR is mostly right. The town is popularly believed to be Buriram, with a long history of supplying TGs to the BG industry. It's a long running joke. "Ah, don't tell me. She's from Buriram?" Cue laughter. Change scene to Vietnam. The western provinces of the Mekong Delta are Vietnam's Buriram. Etc.

I toured 10 of the 13 Isaan provinces by bus and train some 10 years ago and was instantly dissuaded of any idea of living there. Spent a week in Surin, hitting a popular restaurant several times for breakfast. The local foreigners were well lubricated by 11 am. A very sad tableau there and in nearby Buriram. Couldn't wait to return to Bangkok.

It was often very hard to tell what town you were in because they all look the same, all copy/paste towns, as one friend put it. Except Nakhon Phanom, which is quite pretty, looking as it does across the Mekong into Lao.
Good info. Living in that region really doesn't sound appealing.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

:beer1:
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm I believe PR is mostly right. The town is popularly believed to be Buriram, with a long history of supplying TGs to the BG industry. It's a long running joke. "Ah, don't tell me. She's from Buriram?" Cue laughter. Change scene to Vietnam. The western provinces of the Mekong Delta are Vietnam's Buriram. Etc.

Followed this forum for a while but my first post, forgive me if I seem a little contrary but what a load of shit.
First there are 20 provinces in Isaan not 13 as the poster claims. Buriram is not a town, Buriram has a 32,000 seat football stadium and a motogp course that attracts 220,000 paying spectators each year. Try getting tickets, this year's event is sold out again. Burirum is not asome dusty, sleepy village that is inhabited by aging expats and their exbar girl wife's any more than PP is inhabited by aging expats and their pre pubescent gfs or meth headed. grifters.

The poster claims the expats of Surin are well lubricated in restaurants by 11 am. I have seen the same at GSM, therefor all expats in Cambodia are drunks.

The poster claims Isaan is boring, cut and paste town's that all look alike. In honesty can he really differentiate between Cambodian towns or is the dust and garbage that Cambodian towns are known for really pretty much the same from town to town.

The poster has not visited Isaan in 10 years perhaps things are different now, I know shitsville and PP certainly have and in my opinion not for the better.

The standing joke in Isaan about expats that live in Cambodia is they are too poor to meet Thai visa requirements, have serious drug problems or they diddle. Cue laughter.

However given the high number of posts on this forum whinging about being overcharged 10 cents, deaths by drug overdose or getting caught on top of a six year old girl perhaps the joke is the smugness of the posters who piss on Isaan.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum, I am sure I will learn a lot on it but 90 % of this thread is utter shite and makes me think No Joke Howard was far more intelligent than the average CEO poster
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I live in Burirum, it is not a village or a town but a thriving city of over one half million. The economy is not based on old white men with ex bar girl wives, we have a 32,000 seat football stadium and a motogp race that draws 220,000 paid spectators and a cannabis festival that draws 20,000 paid attendees a day.
There are not 13 provinces in Isaan as a poster claims, there are 20. Garbage in garbage out.
I too have seen expats drunk by 11, probably the ones who could t get their fix yet but that was at GSM in PP. Fortunately I am intelligent enough to not claim they are representative of the Cambodian expat community.
I have no friends that are married to ex whores but I am sure some men do. From the posts on this forum, I am aware that some expats in Cambodia enjoy the company of children. I would be a fool to suggest that is the typical expat in your kingdom but it obviously attracts a certain kind of guy.
A poster that claims to have first hand knowledge of Isaan admits he has t been here in ten years. I believe shitsville, PP and SR have all changed somewhat over this period of time. Except for the exceptionally high rate of diddlers these cities attract.
There is a joke often told in Isaan about the expat from Cambodia that walk into an Isaan bar and asks the bartender for the good stuff with a wink. When the bartender offers him an 18 year old scotch the expat from the KOW informs him he will pay extra for a 6 year old. Cue laughter.
As with all stereotypes there is a basis of truth in the background. I thank you for welcoming me to your forum and am sorry that my first post is contrary to what the other posters have proclaimed to be true, but the site posted on this thread is so deep, I had to put my wellies on just to read it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic