A new Khmer440 member the Venerable Nanda

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: A new K440 member the Venerable Nanda

Post by StroppyChops »

Joon wrote:So in reverse, wouldn't it be the same duty to try and convince parents who refuse to treat their children because of their faith that they are wrong? But at the same time, this would be seen as denying their right to their religious faith?
That's a great question and it took me a while to think through my thoughts on it. I think you're conflating issues that aren't necessarily directly or uniquely related.

Parents both with and without faith exercise the right to refuse certain treatments for their children - so this would actually come down to a denial of parental authority, not of faith.

For those religions that outright ban certain treatments such as blood transfusions or immunization, you're only talking about a denial of religious rights if the state (or an individual) enforces that treatment against the express will of the parents.

It would be a brave (foolish) government or individual that did this in this age. I believe that at best education/information/counseling is offered to the family by medical practitioners concerned but if the family stands it's ground it takes a court action to work around the family. While there are legal groups testing this from both sides it still comes down to the will of the family.

Back to your point then - I believe I have a mandate/burden to share the Gospel because it's important, but if you don't wish to hear, or you're prepared to listen but then don't wish to engage further in faith-related discussion, that's entirely your right. Hopefully we could still enjoy other conversations.

I've already had my sleeping tablet - does that make sense?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LTO
Expatriate

Re: A new K440 member the Venerable Nanda

Post by LTO »

Joon wrote:Spread the word or indoctrinate?
Well, I guess a number of different methods are exemplified in the Bible, including raising children in one's own religious and cultural traditions.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: A new Khmer440 member the Venerable Nanda

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

After 1 year, I still just want to know if she is hot or not.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

What about Zeus he is still here...and feeling pissed off you forgotten about him....

religions are for sheep.....bla bla .
you dont need them to have a whole life.
I feel strange when I meet educated people who believe in gods.

If an angel of the Lord came down and started speaking to me and showed me a number of miracles , took me to heaven to see god and opened my mind to see all the worlds past and present . I wouldn't not start a new religion I would be looking for the guy again who sold me some really good LSD to trip out again.....
Any who has seen or spoken or heard the lord's word is crazy or high.....
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:After 1 year, I still just want to know if she is hot or not.
You haven't seen her facebook profile...I have...he he ...
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Earlier I assumed that Joon had deleted General Chatter's questions to Venerable Nanda. In a discussion held via PM this assumption turned out to be false. Apologies to Joon for the false assumption.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:After 1 year, I still just want to know if she is hot or not.
Everyone has a different definition of hot. For me, boobs need to be soft and firm no saggy, not hardened nipples and a smooth ass. Hair is also important, it needs to be shampooed and hair conditioned with Patent Pro V otherwise Viso will suffice.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic