Medical Insurance - Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CamExpat
Expatriate
Canada

Medical Insurance - Cambodia

Post by CamExpat »

Looking at medical insurance, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these providers?

A+ International Insurance
David Shield International Health Insuance
Luma
Safe Meridian

All offer plans with low deductables, reasonable premiums and the evac / repatriation mentioned in many posts as must haves.
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Medical Insurance - Cambodia

Post by JJ62 »

Hey CamExpat,

Did you manage to get any leads on quality medical insurance?
I'm looking for the same thing so very keen to get some solid recommendations.

Others notables in Cambodia/SEA seem to be:
AG Insurance
Forte
TACC/AXA

Cheers...
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I had Medi+ (Forte). They paid over $100k for me to have surgery and medically evacuated to Bangkok. I think it’s expensive but my employer paid for it.

I also had A+ international. Never made a claim but the person that sets it up (Mark Seymour?) was very responsive and it has been reviewed positively by other expats. Price cheaper than Forte
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I'm currently considering Vumi for mine, but I will check out the others above.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

CamExpat wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 am Looking at medical insurance, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these providers?

A+ International Insurance
David Shield International Health Insuance
Luma
Safe Meridian

All offer plans with low deductables, reasonable premiums and the evac / repatriation mentioned in many posts as must haves.
I asked Safe Meridian for a quote, but was told "Unfortunately as of now, we are only able to accept applications from clients residing locally in Singapore."

Luma and Cigna are both expensive. My frontrunner is still Vumi (via WeExpats).
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 am I asked Safe Meridian for a quote, but was told "Unfortunately as of now, we are only able to accept applications from clients residing locally in Singapore."

Luma and Cigna are both expensive. My frontrunner is still Vumi (via WeExpats).
So I finally got around to applying for Vumi and only then did they tell me "unfortunately this plan is only available to US and Canadian citizens", but of course they have a more expensive one for other citizens. I don't think this was deliberate bait-and-switch, but the guy didn't ask my nationality at the start, and so wasted my time.

Now I'm considering Now Health International, who has lower costs policies (basically inpatient only, plus some outpatient inclusions that relate to an inpatient event) for under $1100/year. If only they would respond to my enquiries...
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

CamExpat wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 am Looking at medical insurance, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these providers?

Luma
I currently use Luma for myself, my wife and my daughter. Total of $3,438.09 per year.

Two hospitalizations in the past 12 months and they have paid in full, their claim department is very slow to approve though and if its something serious expect to pay upfront. Ultimately though they do come through (thus far)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Mentioning premiums without an age (range) doesn't say much. I pay 500$ a year. For an 8 year old....
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:37 am Mentioning premiums without an age (range) doesn't say much. I pay 500$ a year. For an 8 year old....
Age 54 = $2,015.87
Age 35 = $894.18
Age 03 = $528.04

Hope that helps ;-)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Are (any of) you dealing direct with these companies, or through agents?

It’s something that I shall have to sort out soon, but as my time in Cambodia tends to be limited, it would be useful to have some contact details.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic