Digital Remix of Cambodia

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Digital Remix of Cambodia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Image:Cybervibe. Mulo

Anith Adilah Othman
July 12, 2019

Cambodia is a land filled with wonders, with so much to see and even more to love. There is nothing quite like its sights and sounds –...

"When he was first chosen as the recipient for an arts grant to do his residency in Cambodia, Mulo reached out to a fellow Malaysian artist Syahrulfiki Razin Salleh, who is the proud owner of Nowhere Arts Studio in Phnom Penh"

" It’s like a melting pot of culture because there are so many expats living in Phnom Penh. I got to experience and saw a lot of cool things like exhibitions by some Japanese, French and local artists,” the introverted artist, who is not too keen on revealing his face, told Good Times2."

"“My style is remixing the norms. I try to add my own little twist to something that people see on the daily, just to make it more unique."

“I especially love how the youths in Cambodia are open to new things when it comes to arts. I didn’t think my digital illustration would receive such good feedback. It just inspired me to get more creative.”

"Mulo might have left the Kingdom but a piece of himself remained here. The cheeky artist had pasted tens of his signature sticker that says ‘What is your name? Who do you serve? Why do you exist?’ on various walls across the city."

"He also left a bigger mark, literally. In a short collaboration with a local artist Monnyreak Ket, he painted two murals in the neighbourhood where Nowhere Arts Studio sits — one, his iconic tuk-tuk illustration and another, a public service announcement on littering called ‘Don’t Throw Trash’"

Full https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50623314/d ... -cambodia/