I’ll Pay $500 Commission for Website Re/Design Referrals

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: I’ll Pay $500 Commission for Website Re/Design Referrals

Post by Digg3r »

indigo_design wrote:
As for price, I guarantee you getting the same standard of work elsewhere (meaning the same results, not just similar aesthetic design) would cost significantly more.
I'm sorry I couldn't let that pass....

What sort of guarantee?

I will happily put a $400 website design up against your $1000+ ones

Do you have a direct influence over Google?

Good luck to you in the Cambodian market, I am not against you looking for an income here but you need to lower your claims unless you really know the market.
Do you have a portfolio? I need some work done. Send me a pm.
ste86
Tourist

Post by ste86 »

indigo_design wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't let that pass....

What sort of guarantee?

I will happily put a $400 website design up against your $1000+ ones

Do you have a direct influence over Google?

Good luck to you in the Cambodian market, I am not against you looking for an income here but you need to lower your claims unless you really know the market.

Hi,
On page SEO is of course included, but actually making a sustained effort to increase search engine rankings is a completely different type of service.

On that note though, driving traffic to a website that isn't built specifically for lead generation/direct sales isn't exactly money well spent. Also, because of the nature of SEO and the constant updates, PPC is usually the better option in my opinion - as long as the website is built specifically for conversion.

Perhaps you're excellent an marketer and you would be able to give me a run for my money, and if that's the case you should dramatically raise your prices. The other firms I've gone up against here - Cambodian web design agencies - have all quoted over $1000, often more than my initial quote. One I looked at recently even charges $1200 for a pre-made template. There's definitely a market here, it just depends of the type of businesses you're targeting. Test raising your rates and see what kind of response you get.

As for a guarantee, it's ROI or 100% of your money back. The marketing work I do with my clients alone is worth my fee, but if I were to ever put up a website that decreased conversions there is absolutely no way I'd take someones money and then leave them worse off - I'd do whatever it takes to make that right, and that would even include compensating them for business they've missed out on.
Last edited by ste86 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ste86 wrote:The marketing work I do...
I say this genuinely, if your dubbya skills are as good as your marketing and self-promotion, I can understand the high dollar.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ste86
Tourist

Post by ste86 »

StroppyChops wrote:
ste86 wrote:The marketing work I do...
I say this genuinely, if your dubbya skills are as good as your marketing and self-promotion, I can understand the high dollar.
Hey, thanks man, I appreciate that :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic