Is there a market for bodyguards in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Is there a market for bodyguards in Cambodia?

Post by angkorjohn2 »

fax wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 am For Cambodians no for international clients yes.

I thought fax had pulled a spoof picture up here looks like a poster for a bad Guy Ritchie film. Wonder if you need a permit to offer these services
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

Haha, why is it that 3/4ths of the guys I meet in bars claim to be ex-special forces? I like calling them on their bullshit by asking specific questions, acting really interested, googling their imaginary Unit or FOB or deployment dates and acting perplexed when I pull out my phone, and tell them google must be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:38 pm What the...where do I even start, I just had a look at the Prosec Cambodias FB page, what a joke. :facepalm:

To the OP, there is a very limited market in Cambodia for foreign Close Protection Officers, foreigners are severely restricted in the security industry in SEA as a whole.

Any decent CP provider would not post pictures of their operators all over FB.
I work with 1 of there staff.his not in picture.but i could imagine he would be very intimidating for the average joe bloggs.and they do get regular work.most recently with some thai superstar attending aeon 2
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

NeverNude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 pm Haha, why is it that 3/4ths of the guys I meet in bars claim to be ex-special forces?

Maybe they are hitting on you...
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

in my limited time in pp and granted its around the riverside area, i can have full days of nearly nothing but ex special forces bs. its amusing for a while but after it wears thin and ive had a few... well the point is. its all well and good taking the piss out of these cunts but if they are fucked in the head enough to come out with this shit they will think nothing of cracking you with a bottle when you arnt looking. an ozy guy springs to mind, what a tool he was. he appeared in a bar i liked to go to in the afternoons one day. he had palled up with an english guy with the same bullshit. both snipers apparently. english guy was pleasant enough but that oz was a bit of a cunt after a few.
at one point i had them pacing out the distance to a sign further down 136 street to see who had the best range judgment.. fucking retards
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

NeverNude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 pm Haha, why is it that 3/4ths of the guys I meet in bars claim to be ex-special forces?
You must be hanging out in some quality joints, somehow I just don't get to meet these guys. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 am
You must be hanging out in some quality joints, somehow I just don't get to meet these guys. 8-)
I've never met any ex military, spies etc
But than i seldom talk to random people in bars
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:13 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 am
I've never met any ex military, spies etc
But than i seldom talk to random people in bars
So you just sit there cradling your drink?
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

John Bingham wrote:
You are obviously a very cool hombre. Probably very handsome too. You probably exude an energy where these types can just see your dagger-like intellect a mile away and they figure it’s no use trying to put one over on John Bingham.

NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

la8rat wrote:in my limited time in pp and granted its around the riverside area, i can have full days of nearly nothing but ex special forces bs. its amusing for a while but after it wears thin and ive had a few... well the point is. its all well and good taking the piss out of these cunts but if they are fucked in the head enough to come out with this shit they will think nothing of cracking you with a bottle when you arnt looking. an ozy guy springs to mind, what a tool he was. he appeared in a bar i liked to go to in the afternoons one day. he had palled up with an english guy with the same bullshit. both snipers apparently. english guy was pleasant enough but that oz was a bit of a cunt after a few.
at one point i had them pacing out the distance to a sign further down 136 street to see who had the best range judgment.. fucking retards
Tall tales are a part of shooting the shit in a bar, but once any rando starts bizarrely telling me, unsolicited, about his body count while in the French Foreign Legion, I never take my eyes off the nutter until I shortly find another bar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic