Drugs and crime

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Drugs and crime

Post by John Bingham »

Some American chick walked into my ex's shop a few days ago, my kid asked her if she wanted any help. She muttered that he was too young and then proceeded to ask all the adults present if they knew where she could get heroin. They had no idea what she was on about and so she toddled off. WTF.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chester
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by Chester »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm
Chester wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am That law about co habitation is never enforced here.
That'll be new, then. I know two people who got busted in the 2000s.
Some people sometimes have to pay a little something to the police. But that tends to happen to ‘the only falang in the village’ situations. In Vientiane it’s very rare
Anicka Chun
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Anicka Chun »

I don't think there is so much here in Pp, granted it would be easy to get hold of drugs, hence the amount of barang OD's but I really think it is quite safe here. (roads excluded) there is some opportunist crime like bag snatching but its not too bad.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 pm Some American chick walked into my ex's shop a few days ago, my kid asked her if she wanted any help. She muttered that he was too young and then proceeded to ask all the adults present if they knew where she could get heroin. They had no idea what she was on about and so she toddled off. WTF.
From Florida no doubt :facepalm: :mrgreen:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic