Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6518
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1440
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by Duncan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:10 am

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 am
A nightly event, as promised by the police:
Eight Women and Ladyboys Detained for Streetwalking in Wat Phnom Area Last Night
Image
Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to the orders of Mr. Sok Penhvuth, Phnom Penh policemen combed the area around Wat Phnom from 8 pm, on July 9, until 2 am the next morning, July 10, looking for streetwalkers to detain.
In six hours, the police managed to find eight streetwalkers on streets 92,94,96, and remove them from the streets. Five women and three men (ladyboys) were sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.



Come on iluvu, tell us which ones are ladyboys in this lot ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4641
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1060
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by hanno » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:33 am

1, 2, and 3 I guess.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 27139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1114
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): The police crackdown on the Wat Phnom area continues, but less people than usual were detained last night. One of the ladies seems to be a bit poorly, judging by the face plaster.
Image
On July 10, 2019, police maintained their nightly patrol from 8pm until 2am on streets 92, 94, 95, around Wat Phnom Area. Police rounded up one ladyboy and three women prostitutes and sent them to the Ministry of Social Affairs to be rehabilitated.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm
Reputation: 40
United States of America

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:13 am

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 am
A nightly event, as promised by the police:
Eight Women and Ladyboys Detained for Streetwalking in Wat Phnom Area Last Night
Image
Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to the orders of Mr. Sok Penhvuth, Phnom Penh policemen combed the area around Wat Phnom from 8 pm, on July 9, until 2 am the next morning, July 10, looking for streetwalkers to detain.
In six hours, the police managed to find eight streetwalkers on streets 92,94,96, and remove them from the streets. Five women and three men (ladyboys) were sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
Does anyone know where there are more photos? The lady in white looks like someone I once knew, anyone know her?
What, Me worry?
User avatar
frenchsmell
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Reputation: 0
Contact:
Mozambique

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by frenchsmell » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am

Am I the only one who thinks 'streetwalker' sounds super ominous and vague. Walking on the street is a crime? Plus, some of those ladies look like grandmas, how could they tell they weren't just out to buy some noodles?
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6236
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2129
Yemen

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by John Bingham » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am

frenchsmell wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am
Am I the only one who thinks 'streetwalker' sounds super ominous and vague.
You are the only one, the term has been in use for a long, long time.
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 315
Vietnam

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by Cruisemonkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:36 am

Duncan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:10 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 am
A nightly event, as promised by the police:
Eight Women and Ladyboys Detained for Streetwalking in Wat Phnom Area Last Night
Image
Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to the orders of Mr. Sok Penhvuth, Phnom Penh policemen combed the area around Wat Phnom from 8 pm, on July 9, until 2 am the next morning, July 10, looking for streetwalkers to detain.
In six hours, the police managed to find eight streetwalkers on streets 92,94,96, and remove them from the streets. Five women and three men (ladyboys) were sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.



Come on iluvu, tell us which ones are ladyboys in this lot ?
This is fun! My guess is (from left to right) the ladyboys are 1, 2 & 4.
You could be next.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 27139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1114
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): Once again, from 8pm until 2am the next morning, the police cracked down on streetwalkers on street 92, 49 and 96 in the Wat Phnom area of Phnom Penh. In this latest sweep on the streets, only two women were detained and no ladyboys.

The police sent the two women to the Ministry of Social Affairs following the legal procedure.

Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6518
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1440
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by Duncan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:13 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 am
A nightly event, as promised by the police:
Eight Women and Ladyboys Detained for Streetwalking in Wat Phnom Area Last Night
Image
Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to the orders of Mr. Sok Penhvuth, Phnom Penh policemen combed the area around Wat Phnom from 8 pm, on July 9, until 2 am the next morning, July 10, looking for streetwalkers to detain.
In six hours, the police managed to find eight streetwalkers on streets 92,94,96, and remove them from the streets. Five women and three men (ladyboys) were sent to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
Does anyone know where there are more photos? The lady in white looks like someone I once knew, anyone know her?
No one. Absolutely no one is going to admit knowing
her.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 27139
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1114
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Police Roundup Streetwalkers in Wat Phnom Area

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News:
Image
Image
15 July 2019: Daun Penh police say that in the nightly Wat Phnom street clean-up this week, they have detained a total of 49 prostitutes, 37 women and 12 ladyboys, who will all be reeducated.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic