Bar girls in Phnom Penh vs Pattaya

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Bar girls in Phnom Penh vs Pattaya

Post by phuketrichard »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:00 pm
programmer wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:46 pm It can't be just information can it? There must be a supply/demand issue in Phnom Penh to put prices relatively high for the economy. Less girls willing to ply the trade or maybe more expats than I realize
i think more freelances in Pattaya, PP they are generally pimped by bfs, brothers etc so need more money
:facepalm: :facepalm: :please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Jesus............
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I know of entire villages where the economy is based on pimp bfs and brothers.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

programmer wrote:It can't be just information can it? There must be a supply/demand issue in Phnom Penh to put prices relatively high for the economy. Less girls willing to ply the trade or maybe more expats than I realize
It is always about supply and demand. That’s how prices stabilise at whatever level they do. It’s a balance between what punters will pay and what the girls can ask. It is never about prices being lower if the local economy is cheaper.
So even if it’s cheaper to live in Phnom Penh, generally girl prices for foreigners will be similar to those in nearby countries, eg Thailand, as that is what foreigners are willing to pay in the region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

So even if it’s cheaper to live in Phnom Penh,

Really?
generally girl prices for foreigners will be similar to those in nearby countries, eg Thailand, as that is what foreigners are willing to pay in the region.
Problem is the Khmer girls have found out from the tourist that went to thailand what the girls there are getting, so they merely match the prices. Didn't use to be that way 10 years ago.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote:
So even if it’s cheaper to live in Phnom Penh,

Really?
generally girl prices for foreigners will be similar to those in nearby countries, eg Thailand, as that is what foreigners are willing to pay in the region.
Problem is the Khmer girls have found out from the tourist that went to thailand what the girls there are getting, so they merely match the prices. Didn't use to be that way 10 years ago.
I said IF it’s cheaper in Phnom Penh. Seems to be a constant discussion about this...
This site seems to indicate that overall they are similar, but with marked differences in some categories.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... Comparison

Yes the girls find out about prices in nearby countries, and also customers offer the girls more than they would have asked for in the first place, thus driving up expectations.
We are getting an increasing number of Chinese guys offering $100 for short time to our girls. They don’t want to mess around, they just want to pay for a couple of drinks and rush back to their hotel with the girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Has taking girls out of bars changed in the past few, (well 8 for me) years?
....We are getting an increasing number of Chinese guys offering $100 for short time to our girls.
Use to be, I'd chat up a girl, buy her a few drinks, game of pool or 2
Than ask if she 'd like to accompany me for the night, If she said yes, I'd ask....."how much"

So now your saying, the guy is saying how much first? WOW, glad I'm out of that game LOL :-)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:54 pm Has taking girls out of bars changed in the past few, (well 8 for me) years?
....We are getting an increasing number of Chinese guys offering $100 for short time to our girls.
Use to be, I'd chat up a girl, buy her a few drinks, game of pool or 2
Than ask if she 'd like to accompany me for the night, If she said yes, I'd ask....."how much"

So now your saying, the guy is saying how much first? WOW, glad I'm out of that game LOL :-)
yup the game aint what it was mate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

programmer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:46 pm Hey guys,

Currently I live in Pattaya. I've never been to Phnom Penh. When Thailand gets more expensive (not soon but in the future) I think I'll move over. Will do a trip or two beforehand when my visa timing is good as well

Pattaya's girls are getting more mercenary by the year. By that I mean you have a higher chance of running into rush service, runners, or girls who turn robotic in the room.

I've heard in Phnom Penh there's less of that. Though also a smaller scene and the country as a whole is more conservative.

What does that mean for the bar girls? I guess more girlfriendy in that they're more likely to kiss, not rush, etc but less likely to even give a bj?

Oftentimes when we compare places the medal automatically goes to Pattaya for selection and atmosphere. But if you were in a room with a Khmer vs a Thai bar girl, who gives the better session more often?
as others have said, the stuff youve heard is from years ago
Pattaya's girls are getting more mercenary by the year. By that I mean you have a higher chance of running into rush service, runners, or girls who turn robotic in the room.

I've heard in Phnom Penh there's less of that. Though also a smaller scene and the country as a whole is more conservative.
theres many stories of all the same happening in PP too, you also have more chance of girls working drinks off you to then make up excuses when it comes to barfine time as to why they cant go, there are also quite a number of girls who dont go regardless and unless you ask first you could end up disappointed, as for performances? thats all to your own preferences not everyone is into the same shit
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

What would you say the current ratio of khmer to viet girls is in the bar scene these days? Would you say the same is true for the massage scene?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic