What's happening in your life?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by AndyKK »

Well let's see, I have mostly been staying at home, safer with the Covid19 virus still lurking about. So I have been keeping busy with a little bit of this and that, such likes of playing around with my past photos.

Still enjoy the street art around Phnom Penh.

And of course there are always the beauty of flowers.

Oh yes, and then there's my bike project.

Seems like I have taken up painting again too.

It's all good, but I seem to have been tripped up a little of late, with something of a small matter.
It's not like I am not busy enough for something else to come along just now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Trying to figure out how to get to cambodia and what that would look like. I would kill for a good contact to bounce ideas off of but I'll probably be able to piece it together across many threads.
:thumb:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Tonight, I’m starting week 3 of 3, operating out of Belgium.

Week one, across 5 days, we had 3 breakfasts and 3 main meals. Only one day did we eat properly twice. Hotel facilities here in Europe are preparing me for my eventual return to quarantine in Cambodia on my way home. Whenever that is.
Breakfast in our crew hotel is delivered in a brown paper bag, dumped at the door. Someone was desperate enough to steal mine. Had I known, I’d have donated it. Cold bacon, 3 slices, swimming in grease, two tablespoons of school catering style scrambled eggs. Cold. Rolls, bread, stale. 4. Did I mention they were desperate?

It’s averaging around bloody cold. The idea that Cambodia is thirty degrees plus warmer makes me wonder at my madness. We had two mini snowfalls, both encouraging me not to go outside. Looking forward to breakfast in Oslo tomorrow. It’s actually pretty good, lots of quality smoked salmon, and the usual Scandinavian fare which will make tomorrow nights dinner seem inadequate- 1 sandwich, and an apple.

3 months in on 2021, I’m not really expecting much improvement.

Oh, jolly fucking good. It’s sleeting outside...

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Well, we are kind of here once more, but a little different. Before it was of my own choice to stay indoors, bur now with the curfew and no traveling to another province, and too top things off, we now have two weeks of lockdown. The choice of my own has now been taken away, being that it is now the order of the authorities. Now I don't know about you, but it seems to make the whole situation different to myself.
I was thinking about a move too a different location before all this started, I could not do beforehand because I was waiting for the renewal of my EOS.

So far the bike has been painted again, but in between my so called partner giving me so much shit over my beforehand banking problems. But using the smell of paint has the excuse, if you are a painter you will understand that most women can't stand the smell of spray paint, now for painting in my back yard is out of bounds because with her actions she got other ladies residing to follow suit.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

With an early and perhaps heavy rainy season forecast and social restrictions likely to get tighter I'm looking at purchasing a Digital Asset Management software program for my photos to keep me occupied for indoor time. Always scares me a bit watching a few demo videos.

It's going to be a fairly steep learning curve on top of mastering my photo editing software. I still find it quite hard to sit myself in front of a computer these days having done it at work for years, but I've got to get the building blocks of knowledge in place for my main retirement pursuit.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Sweet F A and lots of it, boring as fuck.
just sitting it out 😩😩😩😩
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

DaveG wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:23 pm Sweet F A and lots of it, boring as fuck.
just sitting it out 😩😩😩😩
ya not wrong and being a bit older and wanting to make the most of the good years left in this body its even more frustrating.
I know what I'd rather be doing. But then again in this environment I really have nothing to complain about compared to others. (it still doesn't make it any better )
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Miss the poker days in sihanoukville but Image
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

End of week3. Yeefuckinghaaa.

Grabbing the Eurostar back to blighted Blighty.

Taxi from hotel. 1 hour. Encounter serfs protesting about something or other, zentral brussels.

Border crossing-
(Missing Indian Jones brown shirt type character)
Passport
Covid test
This document
That document
The other document
Why are you here? (Work)
Why are you leaving? (Work. Liège sucks like a mega leach)

Repeat 3 times in 100meters.

Wait. Hurry up and wait.
Take train. Drink beer. Write diatribes on CEO. Vent, and emerge cleansed and sane...

In the YeUK, one shall be delayed on the second of 3, maybe more trains. Hopefully the delay will allow for a couple of real(ish) pints of GUINNESS!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Cambodia has some smart houseflys !
I have a new hobby .
I open the screen door and invite them in and try to kill them with one ( new ) and some old trusty fly swatters .
Some of them are perceptive !
Thumbs up for intelligent houseflys
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic