What's happening in your life?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
simon.sayed
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by simon.sayed »

I'm getting depressed fats now bru.

Left my contry after a few personal problems, now stuck between a rock and hard place isn't it. Not worked for nearly 6 month, out of most cash and nowhere to go back to.

FUCK THIS RONA SHIT!

Maybe you read my obit here soon if things not improve quick.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

Nodda, Life as we knew it, has been cancelled until after the POTUS election results...and then...your guess is good as anyone else's guess...I guess.
~
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

What's happening in my life?

- Binge watched "The Big Bang Theory" in a week.
- played a lot of Black Desert Mobile
- bought a Karcher K4 pressure washer and spent 3 days pressure washing everything! (inside and out lol)
- researched into buying a new PC... btw any advice on budget for a graphics card would be greatly appreciated (looking at an ASUS RTX 2060 atm)
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:42 pm At my heaviest I was 110kg.
Today I am 78kg.

It’s amazing how the freedom of being done with a shitty, toxic relationship can help you to shed the baggage - emotional and physical.
That's impressive. Well done. I find it a struggle to shed even 2-3kg.

Was that the polyamorous relationship you previously mentioned? They sound toxic by nature.
Anty
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anty »

Poly isn’t any more toxic than any other relationship.

My partner is 31 and it’s starting to chafe. I was meant to be gone months ago.
He wants babies amd a picket fence.

I’m 46. No babies. Possible but unwise.

So the end is near, but I do love him. Just timing I suppose.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Got probably the final generation of Mac with Intel Processor. Installed Bootcamp and put Windows 10 on it. Multi day project which would have required a few hours at most on the MacOS. BTW, transfer from old Mac to new Mac took about an hour or so via Migration Assistant. Just tell it where the old Mac was, confirm that I want to do it, and off it went.

Why can’t Windows just work?

Older versions of Windows had a control panel with clear functions. This one, multiple screens of ‘connecting’ and ‘social’. One small screen to actually control the computer.

And why does various core parts of Windows keep wanting permission to send data on everything I do so they can continuously send me targeted ads?

Anyways, it’s done. Retro future proofed.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 am i am that of a humble painter.
Could you expand a bit on this please ?
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

COD: Warzone
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:51 pm Got probably the final generation of Mac with Intel Processor. Installed Bootcamp and put Windows 10 on it. Multi day project which would have required a few hours at most on the MacOS. BTW, transfer from old Mac to new Mac took about an hour or so via Migration Assistant. Just tell it where the old Mac was, confirm that I want to do it, and off it went.

Why can’t Windows just work?

Older versions of Windows had a control panel with clear functions. This one, multiple screens of ‘connecting’ and ‘social’. One small screen to actually control the computer.

And why does various core parts of Windows keep wanting permission to send data on everything I do so they can continuously send me targeted ads?

Anyways, it’s done. Retro future proofed.
when i got my news laptop 18 months ago i hated windows 10 from the start, but after i made it look and act like windows 7 i was and have been happy,

https://www.howtogeek.com/277448/how-to ... windows-7/
https://sea.pcmag.com/gallery/35594/how ... -windows-7
FYI make sure u change ur default programs to default the ones YOU WANT<not the the ones windows 10 wants.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

phuketrichard wrote:FYI make sure u change ur default programs to default the ones YOU WANT<not the the ones windows 10 wants.
But this gets at the core of what I don’t understand.

If Microsoft had a solid system with Windows 7, why didn’t they improve on that solidness into Windows 10, instead of making something that needs to be re-engineered to make it work like Windows 7? And why do I need tiles? Or Cortana following me?

Corporate currently runs all critical programs (written in Windows NT/95) for Macs over VPN in a virtual wrapper. Worried someday they may drop Mac support on the wrapper, and go all Windows. Hence, my reason for installing Windows now, on the last generation Mac that can natively run Windows. In other words, I’m forced to because of capricious corporate gods.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic