What's happening in your life?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by Duncan »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 pm With international travel restrictions likely to be in place for the foreseeable future I'm considering spending the winter/spring months touring through the Australian outback self supported on a recumbent trike.

These long distance touring adventures have been really enjoyable experiences in the past with a Murray river (Australia's longest river) paddle remembered as the most enjoyable so far. The sense of freedom and adventure in these endeavours I find quite rewarding, not to mention the increased fitness and healthier lifestyle that also comes with powering your self for months on end, the people you meet, the vast open landscapes.....Another aspect I enjoy about these trips is being removed from the gadgets I've become so addicted to in recent times, allowing one to rediscover an appreciation for simpler things in life, including a basic routine or rhythm week to week.

There's a fitness component that has to be addressed as I've not engaged in any real physical exertion for a while - yes, I can walk for days, but that doesn't really compare to hauling a trike and loaded trailer for thousands of kilometres.

I'm not completely sure I'll undertake the journey but the idea is growing.

My choice of trike would be a Greenspeed Magnum XL.

Here is the latest model. .
Spoiler:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:42 pm I'm into the third day giving up the cigarettes - missing the morning coffee/cigarette combination already. Returning to Nepal from mid September for a few months.

How 'bout you, got anything going on?
This is day six for me. Last smoke was on 30 June. Doing surprisingly well I must say.

:beer3:
Well, I must say that I am absolutely amazed. Yesterday was the 30th June, which means that I haven't had a ciggy for one whole year.

So many times over the years that I've tried to quit, but failed. This past 12 months has been a breeze. Just stopped (cold turkey) and didn't give it a second thought.

:beer3:

On the down side, the doctor tells me I have emphysema. Can't have everything I suppose. (And 'no' I didn't know that 12 months ago).
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

SOS....different day. Nothing to get up about. :BangHead: Waiting for my very late Annual social security disability report form to arrive....If the $ stops y'all can find me in front of the U.S. Embassy...begging.
~
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Duncan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:40 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 pm With international travel restrictions likely to be in place for the foreseeable future I'm considering spending the winter/spring months touring through the Australian outback self supported on a recumbent trike.

These long distance touring adventures have been really enjoyable experiences in the past with a Murray river (Australia's longest river) paddle remembered as the most enjoyable so far. The sense of freedom and adventure in these endeavours I find quite rewarding, not to mention the increased fitness and healthier lifestyle that also comes with powering your self for months on end, the people you meet, the vast open landscapes.....Another aspect I enjoy about these trips is being removed from the gadgets I've become so addicted to in recent times, allowing one to rediscover an appreciation for simpler things in life, including a basic routine or rhythm week to week.

There's a fitness component that has to be addressed as I've not engaged in any real physical exertion for a while - yes, I can walk for days, but that doesn't really compare to hauling a trike and loaded trailer for thousands of kilometres.

I'm not completely sure I'll undertake the journey but the idea is growing.

My choice of trike would be a Greenspeed Magnum XL.

Here is the latest model. .
Spoiler:
Feet forward bike looks good, and a interesting idea, would not like to do this on Cambodian roads.
Camel 🐪 trekking, done it years ago in the Indian/Pakistan desert, walked for a fare while too, camel's can be uncomfortable on your legs.
Just finding the odd jobs around home. Thought I would have a go at the bike seat, it seemed that it might be holding water, I stripped it down, it was holding water, so replaced the old foam, cutting and forming it into shape,but also covered that in material and then wrapped it this time in plastic, refitted the cover, like new again.

Nice job for Sunday afternoon.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

So yesterday I'm walking along the street outside my house, when this car pulls up , the window winds down and this hot Philippine chick yells ,, I will pick you up at 9 am tomorrow and go for coffee. Now at 73 years of age I have to take on any offers that come my way so I say OK.
Today, right on time , I get picked up and have coffee and cake with her,,,, She looked rich with plenty of money so I let her pay, and she told me how over the last 16 years that I had lived in Cambodia she had travelled all around the world , bought a house in the Philippines, cars for her two daughters and given money to relatives and the church. . After 3 hours she took me home , I thanked her and we parted ways.
Spoiler:
Everyone should have an Ex wife like that.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

LOL ^^^
Yep, nothing better than a good ex wife. Seriously.
I got 4 and it will soon be 5 if i dont get back home before too long.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm LOL ^^^
Yep, nothing better than a good ex wife. Seriously.
I got 4 and it will soon be 5 if i dont get back home before too long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Hey nothing for me to think about now no looking for flights places to stay, now relaxing on a hammock listening to the blues enjoying the warmth wasting my days away life's good again
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:46 pm Hey nothing for me to think about now no looking for flights places to stay, now relaxing on a hammock listening to the blues enjoying the warmth wasting my days away life's good again

Well think about this,,,I'm sure someone will find a way of spoiling your good life.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I am so excited to share this news.
I've joined Shaun Attwood's True Crime Podcast research team. He and Sonia Poulton present a live three-hour podcast on Saturday nights, which requires a lot of research and fact checking.
I'm thrilled to be involved!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pdkt ... sRg5LdLlXg
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic