Online visa and how to extend

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Makaveli3.25
Tourist
Somalia

Online visa and how to extend

Post by Makaveli3.25 »

Hello everyone, I recently entered Cambodia with an online tourist visa, I am new here and I am confused about the names of the visas and all relevant info about them.
Can anyone explain to me how can I extend my stay here for 3 or 6 months, if possible with multi entry option.
Thanks a lot 🙏💕
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Online visa and how to extend

Post by samrong01 »

You cant. You must leave and reenter with an ordinary visa ($35) for 1 month then extend into one of the various types - EG visa for 6 months, EB if working, ER if retired. If you are in Siem Reap then go to World Express travel who will explain all to you. Phnom Penh I do not know where to go.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Samrongs advice is correct.

With the e-Visa (electronic tourist visa), you can only apply for a 1 month Extension of stay, giving you a total stay of 2 months, then you need to leave.

For long term stays you need to enter on the E-type (Ordinary) Visa (not available online). Then apply for the relevant Extension of stay. Plenty of threads covering the different options.
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:14 pm Samrongs advice is correct.

With the e-Visa (electronic tourist visa), you can only apply for a 1 month Extension of stay, giving you a total stay of 2 months, then you need to leave.

For long term stays you need to enter on the E-type (Ordinary) Visa (not available online). Then apply for the relevant Extension of stay. Plenty of threads covering the different options.

Hello, sorry, can we get the ordinary visa etype only at airports ? or any land border possible ? thank you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what passport do you hold?
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

samrong01 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 pm Phnom Penh I do not know where to go.
Lucky Lucky Motors
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

jrjrjr wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:05 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:14 pm Samrongs advice is correct.

Hello, sorry, can we get the ordinary visa etype only at airports ? or any land border possible ? thank you.
Available from air border entry points and most land border entry points, but depends on your Nationality whether you are eligible (officially or not).
jrjrjr
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jrjrjr »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:32 am what passport do you hold?
hello, thank you for the reply, I have a EU passport, can I get ordinary anywhere ? Do I have to pay a special fee ? Thank you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

EU passports aren't on the list of countries that can't get visa-on-arrival. The list has the countries Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and Sudan, nowhere in the EU. Other citizens, especially from African nations may have difficulties try to get a VoA.
You're good to go, don't bother with those e-visas (online), just get an E-class on arrival. It would help if they used different letters but it is what it is.
Last edited by John Bingham on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

should be fine with EU passport.
In general airports are easiest, with PP being the easiest of all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic