We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1237
Korea North

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by fax »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:27 am He's right, you know!

:hattip:
Yeah...

clutch used 4 quotes to show that I had been warned. I did not write any of those posts but clutch removed the attribution to the original author.

3 of those posts had been edited by a moderator. They all contained the usual "Mod edit" message.

The post which I did write, clutch edited with no moderator message.

My point stands that clutch silently edited my post and that's not cool.

I also stand by the point that it's bullshit that I was nearly banned for writing "you're frothing at the mouth", which clutch silently edited out of my post with no moderator message and then said that I should have taken that as a warning.

I did not write any of these posts and I challenge you to prove me wrong:
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am That was the last edit after these:
You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
Putting a halt to noisy animlas doesn't stop you from being a [Mod edit: keep it civil]
Another crock of horse shit that if I answer I'll get mod-edited again.
What a [Mod edit: keep it civil] conclusion you have chosen to share with us.
The real reason was not that I posted something wrong but
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am I had enough of the mod editing of posts
Of course that's fine, but he should have just said that instead of bringing forth irrelevant posts to justify that he gave some kind of imaginary warning.
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 5316
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 5185
Location: Phnom Penh
United States of America

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by Brody »

Fax....what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this line of inquiry?

The General has already weighed in on the topic, with a giant missive, which, if I'm being honest, could have used a few more well placed paragraph breaks.

Come to papa fax, let me cradle you in my bosom.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1237
Korea North

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by fax »

Brody wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:58 am Fax....what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this line of inquiry?
I'm greatly disappointed in Cam Nivag for not mentioning it in the reply he held in while being banned for 4 days.

By the way the message showing when you're banned is broken. He must have been logging in every day growing increasingly more frustrated knowing he couldn't get it out. Forum blue balls.
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 1050
Cambodia

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by DaveG »

"Come to papa fax, let me cradle you in my bosom",

Image
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 4978
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 3188
Cambodia

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by clutchcargo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:49 pm The day after I was banned, a poster told a story about being drugged while smoking a cigar at Pontoon. Another poster responded as follows, without any moderation at all:
brisie wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 pm The only cunt I know that sucks turds that size is a bald Spanish speaker that loiters around GSM for cheap whores and booze.
I thought the cigar was international code for I'd like to suck a fart out of a dirty crack whores ass.
Incorrect and just for the record, the post was subsequently reported by another member and removed the following morning. Yeah, wished we'd picked it up sooner but we can't always be across every thread and post and hence rely on members to report such posts.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 4978
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 3188
Cambodia

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by clutchcargo »

Seasquatch wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 am
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:21 am It's nice to see CEO attract more people who don't just get online to shout 'fuckstick' at everyone.
Image





Ah the internet, where people can speak without facing the consequences of their words, that being said people should toughen up and get some thicker skin.

I for one think over-modding will make for a boring forum(and I'm saying this in general nothing against Mr Clutch), people disagree, arguments happen and get heated, sometimes you can find humor in it, I've read this and tof for some years and there's been some real side splitting spitting coffee on the screen laugh out moments, lot of those moments could of been interpreted as pretty mean spirited, but that's life, as the world delves down the PC hole it seems we have lost our sense of humor, and that's a shame.

My two cents thrown in the peanut gallery, time for a beer :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:
Yeah, you raise some good points there.

Some members like to speak freely and even enjoy the arguments/confrontations/attacks and as you say, see the humor in it. TOF has a lot of that.

OTOH, other members here don't appreciate the personal attacks, use of bad language, having their topics derailed or ridiculed and the like.

As GM said it's a fineline with modding sometimes..damned if you do/damned if you don't. CEO has a diversity of members from long time, experienced members who contribute a lot to newer members coming in and many others that read/follow but not necessarily post. We have to try to keep everybody happy mostly but we won't be successful all the time. However, we (as in the mods) do have to take the broader view and consider the wider audience. If CEO is to grow and thrive and attract new members and more great topics and discussions, I believe we have to set standards and the tone for the forum such that members want to join and participate without fear of being shot down, attacked, belittled etc.

So we're aiming to keep things civil that way. Personally, I wouldn't want the consequences of my/our modding actions to make the forum boring or too sterile and that's something I'm going to have to keep in mind. But again, it's a balance. There's a lot of scope for banter and jokes already I think without necessarily resorting to nastiness to do it. I'm encouraged by new members (some of non english speaking backgrounds) that are contributing with some great topics and it really adds to the diversity imo. Not to detract from existing contributions from longer term members.

I might take this opportunity to thank the members who sent words of encouragement via PMs that perhaps didn't want to post here. Much appreciated.
User avatar
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 pm
Reputation: 419
United States of America

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I was banned once or twice here, I felt it was because I was considered a poster representing another forum. That doesn’t happen anymore, thankfully.

I’m sure Gavin gets some of that quick hammer for the same reason, but he’s also a pain in the ass so more likely to be banned anyway.

I’m mostly active on sports forums besides the Cambodia ones. This forum has the most discussion/dissent about mods of any I read.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11330
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2089
United States of America

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by frank lee bent »

Modding is time consuming and thankless.
All you gain from it is enemies.

I had threats of violence and there are a few loonies around town I would avoid due to modding decisions i made.

There are even people who hate me because of modding decisions made by others that I had no part in at all.

Cambodia seems to have more crazies than anyplace I know, with an unhealthy dose of bitterness and anger.

For me, I ran out of patience and humor.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 4978
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 3188
Cambodia

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by clutchcargo »

fax wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:49 am
Username Taken wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:27 am He's right, you know!

:hattip:
Yeah...

clutch used 4 quotes to show that I had been warned. I did not write any of those posts but clutch removed the attribution to the original author.

3 of those posts had been edited by a moderator. They all contained the usual "Mod edit" message.

The post which I did write, clutch edited with no moderator message.

My point stands that clutch silently edited my post and that's not cool.

I also stand by the point that it's bullshit that I was nearly banned for writing "you're frothing at the mouth", which clutch silently edited out of my post with no moderator message and then said that I should have taken that as a warning.

I did not write any of these posts and I challenge you to prove me wrong:
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am That was the last edit after these:
You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
Putting a halt to noisy animlas doesn't stop you from being a [Mod edit: keep it civil]
Another crock of horse shit that if I answer I'll get mod-edited again.
What a [Mod edit: keep it civil] conclusion you have chosen to share with us.
The real reason was not that I posted something wrong but
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am I had enough of the mod editing of posts
Of course that's fine, but he should have just said that instead of bringing forth irrelevant posts to justify that he gave some kind of imaginary warning.
Quote no 4 is yours
Spoiler:
Post by fax » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 am

Yerg wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 am
Heck, nowadays even blind people and disabled people have dogs (amongst other animals) that help them. Then there's the service animals that support police, ammo techs, customs officers et al.
Those dogs are trained to behave well. Do you think it's a trained service dog keeping OP awake late at night or why did you think it's relevant?

Give me a break, there are rats used for demining too perhaps you'd like them in your house.

The concept of human rights is flawed because some people train animals. What a [Mod edit: keep it civil] conclusion you have chosen to share with us.
And the fact that other members got their posts mod edited for insults in your discourse...wouldn't that serve as a warning to not only them but you as well that we don't want that?

And yeah I edited another post which wasn't a big deal as you say, I was gonna write another mod edit and then thought this is enough of a slanging match with mod edit warnings being ignored so I decided to lock the topic. Stand by that.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1237
Korea North

Re: We have a New Addition to the CEO Mod Team!!!

Post by fax »

Haha, did you seriously mod edit a post to remove the word "stupid" from the sentence "what a stupid conclusion"?

Well you're not power tripping at all! Is there a dictionary of words accepted to write here? I'd like to read it to ensure I don't say terribly offensive things like "stupid conclusion" in the future. Gosh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chad Sexington, daeum_tnaot, Ghostwriter, Google [Bot], Ingvar 7788, jaynewcastle, Ong Tay, Oumedc, Whatsupdoc and 203 guests