Best Passport for Traveling

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Best Passport for Traveling

Post by hanno »

Can't remember the exact amount but a 48-page German passport is well over a hundred Dollars. And I usually get 2-3 years out of it.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

violet wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:37 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:27 pm It's not at all clear whether the purported passport fees have been converted to US$ or not.

Don't know where all these silly Canadian passport fees are sourced. A 5-year adult passport is $120 CDN (about $90US). A 10-year is $160 CDN ($120 US). These are in-country fees.

Otherwise, it's $190/$260 for application at Canadian embassies abroad.

Aussies definitely getting ripped off. Again.
Are your prices in Canadian dollars or US?
It's pretty clear, Violet. "$120 CDN (about $90US)," as I stated above. My source for the passport fees is Passport Canada.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 8, 2019
Cambodia’s passport drops one spot, now ranked 88 globally

While a booming economy and bigger incomes provide them more and better opportunities to travel abroad, it is not all good news for Cambodian passport holders.

Cambodia’s passport continues to be one of the least travel-friendly in the world, ranking near the bottom in the latest survey released by Henley & Partners, a London-based global citizenship and residency advisory firm.

From 87 in 2018, Cambodia’s ranking dropped one spot to 88 in the 2019 Hensley Passport Index, with visa-free/visa on arrival access to only 53 countries and territories worldwide. Last year, Cambodians have visa-free access to 54 destinations. In addition to Asean countries, Cambodians can travel visa-free or with visa on arrival to 44 other countries, mostly in Africa, the Caribbean, Oceania, South America, and Central America.

The ranking is based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and research by Henley & Partners.

Since the first Iindex was released 14 years ago, it was mostly countries from North America or Europe that dominate the top rankings.

But this year is different, with two Asian countries crowding the top spot. Japan and Singapore, which are among the wealthiest and most developed countries in the world, topped the list with access to 190 destinations without the need to apply for a visa. Germany, Finland, and South Korea placed second with visa-free access to 188 destinations.

After Singapore, Malaysia has the second most powerful passport in Southeast Asia, ranking 12 globally for affording visa-free travel to 177 destinations. It is followed by Brunei (21 globally, 165 destinations), Thailand (66 globally, 77 destinations) Indonesia (73 globally, 70 destinations),and the Philippines (77 globally, 65 destinations). Cambodia’s ranking placed it above Vietnam (90 globally, 51 destinations), Laos (92 globally, 49 destinations) and Myanmar (95 globally, 46 destinations).
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50648877/c ... -globally/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kiwi passport is now at the top of the Global Passport Power Rank 2020:
https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Last time I renewed my passport Australia was cheaper than NZ, looks like when renewal comes around I'm back to having kiwi passport
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

I personally really dislike the concept of political borders and paying to cross an imaginary line. Pretty sure the world would be a better place without borders. Opinions?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 pm Which country has the most expensive passport to be in possession of? I'm in the process of renewing my Australian passport which finds me $AUS293 lighter for a 32 page 10 year document (which I'll destroy in 5)
The way things are going in five years your passport maybe still brand new :ROFL:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Agarwal.Aditya
Expatriate
India

Post by Agarwal.Aditya »

mehfisto wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am I personally really dislike the concept of political borders and paying to cross an imaginary line. Pretty sure the world would be a better place without borders. Opinions?
You would see tens of millions of Indians sleeping on the streets in the UK
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

Agarwal.Aditya wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:52 am
mehfisto wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 am I personally really dislike the concept of political borders and paying to cross an imaginary line. Pretty sure the world would be a better place without borders. Opinions?
You would see tens of millions of Indians sleeping on the streets in the UK
Initially perhaps. There are better places to move to than the UK, as any Englishman will tell you, one of the reasons for their empire! :wink:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:56 pm October 8, 2019
Cambodia’s passport drops one spot, now ranked 88 globally

While a booming economy and bigger incomes provide them more and better opportunities to travel abroad, it is not all good news for Cambodian passport holders.

Cambodia’s passport continues to be one of the least travel-friendly in the world, ranking near the bottom in the latest survey released by Henley & Partners, a London-based global citizenship and residency advisory firm.

From 87 in 2018, Cambodia’s ranking dropped one spot to 88 in the 2019 Hensley Passport Index, with visa-free/visa on arrival access to only 53 countries and territories worldwide. Last year, Cambodians have visa-free access to 54 destinations. In addition to Asean countries, Cambodians can travel visa-free or with visa on arrival to 44 other countries, mostly in Africa, the Caribbean, Oceania, South America, and Central America.

The ranking is based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and research by Henley & Partners.

Since the first Iindex was released 14 years ago, it was mostly countries from North America or Europe that dominate the top rankings.

But this year is different, with two Asian countries crowding the top spot. Japan and Singapore, which are among the wealthiest and most developed countries in the world, topped the list with access to 190 destinations without the need to apply for a visa. Germany, Finland, and South Korea placed second with visa-free access to 188 destinations.

After Singapore, Malaysia has the second most powerful passport in Southeast Asia, ranking 12 globally for affording visa-free travel to 177 destinations. It is followed by Brunei (21 globally, 165 destinations), Thailand (66 globally, 77 destinations) Indonesia (73 globally, 70 destinations),and the Philippines (77 globally, 65 destinations). Cambodia’s ranking placed it above Vietnam (90 globally, 51 destinations), Laos (92 globally, 49 destinations) and Myanmar (95 globally, 46 destinations).
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50648877/c ... -globally/
Cambodians can travel visa-free or with visa on arrival to...South America, and Central America.
That's very interesting...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic