Love and Loss in Cambodia: A Memoir

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Love and Loss in Cambodia: A Memoir

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Memories are drawn from the 1990s when the author lived in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh. That decade was considered dangerous, with Khmer Rouge active on Route 4. When she first arrived in 1994, three Westerners had recently been killed by Khmer Rouge bandits, and three more Westerners had been kidnapped. In 1997, political opponents took their political differences to the streets of Phnom Penh in a bloody battle called a coup by some, factional fighting by others. Though many people fled the violence, she and her husband stayed.

Her ex-husband, LTO, passed away in 2016 when he drowned in the Tonle Sap River.

Available now on Amazon worldwide.

Type in Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir with my full name Debra Groves Harman

Thanks for supporting my book, CEO! The paperback will be available within the next day or so.

My book is currently #1 on the Southeast Asia Travel releases!

"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Love and Loss in Cambodia: A Memoir

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Paperback now available as well!

Thanks---

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hey Deb, this is great! I just ordered the Kindle version and bumped it to the top of my reading list. Been waiting for this, thanks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

I'll never forget how kind all of you were when LTO died, encouraging my writing.

This three-year project is now at the fun part! I'll publish your "blurb" comments on my social media, if you read my book.

Thanks to everyone, and grateful for support from the site!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic