Which currency applies in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Which currency applies?

Post by fax »

I paid $12.75 or so for 5 stamps, a 5 Riel note and a 1000 Riel note today.

I'm sure I fell into some tourist trap but it was a gift to a visiting collector and I didn't have time to shop around much.

It was funny when they handed me the change and it included the same type of 1000 Riel note that I had just purchased at a much higher value.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

fax wrote:I paid $12.75 or so for 5 stamps, a 5 Riel note and a 1000 Riel note today.

I'm sure I fell into some tourist trap but it was a gift to a visiting collector and I didn't have time to shop around much.

It was funny when they handed me the change and it included the same type of 1000 Riel note that I had just purchased at a much higher value.
You paid 'a 5 real note and 1000 real'
And got 1000 real change?
Did I misunderstand or is it your turn to be posting drunk?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:13 pm You paid 'a 5 real note and 1000 real'
And got 1000 real change?
Did I misunderstand or is it your turn to be posting drunk?
I bought a 5 Riel note, a 1000 Riel note and 5 stamps. Part of the change was a 1000 Riel note of the same type that I bought.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Ok, sorry, I must be the drunk one.
You bought a 5 real note.
Fair enough then.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:50 pm Ok, sorry, I must be the drunk one.
No worries I'll catch up quick.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic