Sihanoukville ATM Security Guard Dies at his Post

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville ATM Security Guard Dies at his Post

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Preah Sihanouk Province, Cambodia News - A preliminary report from the police said that on June 25, 2019, a man who was believed to be sleeping was found dead, likely due to wind, in front of Union Commercial Bank of Cambodia, in Village 3, Sangkat, Sihanoukville.
The deceased has been named as Soun Toun, 59, a Cambodian national, who died at 06:00 am while sitting on his chair, guarding the Union Commercial Bank PLC ATM. After the case, the body was kept in the hospital waiting area for the doctors and police to investigate the cause of death.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Sihanoukville ATM Security Guard Dies at his Post

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Whos wind?! I've had my fair share of erm.. bad wind but nothing that deadly.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 am a man who was believed to be sleeping was found dead, likely due to wind
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 am Whos wind?! I've had my fair share of erm.. bad wind but nothing that deadly.
Most Cambodians have very little understanding of medical conditions. So they say things like his death was likely due to wind.

If you read about other deaths, and the causes, many of them are things which dont cause death. You need someone who understands medical conditions to investigate.

Many Cambodian people go to the doctor for trivial things. Yet when they have a serious medical condition, some of them dont do anything about it. This should hopefully improve as people become better educated.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Yes and no.

Lots of medical conditions don’t have equivalent words in Khmer. Or the words are based on common roots, such as wind, which really don’t describe the medical condition at all.

For example thalassemia. Major and minor, alpha and beta, etc. No real equivalent Khmer words. Requires a long and detailed description of the condition that the would be beyond the understanding of most ordinary Khmer.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I wonder how long it took to notice he was dead :chin:
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Didn't the same thing happen last week?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Misdiagnosis.
Boredom, more likely.

RIP, dear guard, and do not fear - when we all join you in the afterlife, the joint's gonna be jumpin'.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

bittermelon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 am Didn't the same thing happen last week?
Was it windy last week?
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

After the case, the body was kept in the hospital waiting area for the doctors and police to investigate the cause of death.

Propped up in a chair next to you...........
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If this is a translation of kjol then it means "bad air", according to kheng
(According to traditional Cambodian medicine, bad `air' in the body is the cause of many illnesses such as fainting, dizziness, stomach aches)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic