A few more pictures of Antananarivo.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

A few more pictures of Antananarivo.

Post by Sidewalker »

There is something wrong in this picture :mrgreen:
Halal and selling beer?
You ever seen this Toyota? It's a Will V1
Antananarivo is build on hills.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Re: A few more pictures of Antananarivo.

Post by Ryan754326 »

Please keep the pictures coming, Madagascar is high on my list of places to visit.
I’d be interested to hear any other first hand info about the place as well. Is it safe? Is it Cheap? How’s the nightlife? Are the locals friendly?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Ryan754326 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm Please keep the pictures coming, Madagascar is high on my list of places to visit.
I’d be interested to hear any other first hand info about the place as well. Is it safe? Is it Cheap? How’s the nightlife? Are the locals friendly?
My dad was just there for a year for work, it's cheap, there's women. Speak French. Visit the lemur sanctuary.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Ryan754326 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm Please keep the pictures coming, Madagascar is high on my list of places to visit.
Safety: On day time and early evening, if their still people on the street, it's safe, but be always alert.
Late at night and in the wee hours, always take a taxi!
Night live: A lot hotels have a big bar with in the evening live music and, most of the time, a lot hookers. In many street they "lined up" waiting for costumers. There are a lot of underage prostitutes.
Prices: I think it's a little bit more expensive than Cambodia.
In general I think the locals are friendly, but I have a +/- 20cm wide moustache and when I sit outside, I got a lot of (friendly) attention. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Sidewalker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:24 am
Safety: On day time and early evening, if their still people on the street, it's safe, but be always alert.
Late at night and in the wee hours, always take a taxi!
Night live: A lot hotels have a big bar with in the evening live music and, most of the time, a lot hookers. In many street they "lined up" waiting for costumers. There are a lot of underage prostitutes.
Prices: I think it's a little bit more expensive than Cambodia.
In general I think the locals are friendly, but I have a +/- 20cm wide moustache and when I sit outside, I got a lot of (friendly) attention. :beer3:
Interesting stuff. How would you describe the level of development and infrastructure in the country, as compared to Cambodia or other SE Asian countries?
Cambodia is changing way too fast for me, I’d like to find something similar, but a little more old fashioned, dusty and dirty. Once the authorities start kicking the street vendors off the sidewalk, it’s time for me to start looking for somewhere new.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm My dad was just there for a year for work, there's women.
Does your dad brag about his pulls to you? :?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Yeah, on my list too.
Madagascarians are a mix of being 2/3 Indonesian (as original settlers from Borneo) and 1/3 East-African. Which is pretty unique. Worthy of a long visit, as an alternative to familiar SEA destinations.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

always thought it strange that many people include it as part of africa
Typhoon28
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Typhoon28 »

I lived there for almost a year, 10 years ago, very rustic, great people, a poor but pretty country, would love to go back. I was based mainly in the North in Diego Suarez and Nosy Be which had great beaches. ImageImage

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk

hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Typhoon28 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:01 am I lived there for almost a year, 10 years ago, very rustic, great people, a poor but pretty country, would love to go back. I was based mainly in the North in Diego Suarez and Nosy Be which had great beaches.
And girls are stunners. Madagascar is very underrated. This virus idiocy can’t end too soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic