English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

Post by Kayve »

explorer wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm While he was living with his girlfriend she got pregnant to another man, and lied to him about it. He stayed with her.

Do you think he has a smart attitude in his life?
As smart as having a butcher wife.
Don't forget the water buffalo
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

Post by hdgh29 »

Apparently the odds of a man getting HIV through vaginal intercourse are 500 to 1

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is- ... ex-4138626

So maybe he was just really unlucky, or maybe he used the rear entry which seems to increase risk dramatically. Either way he was totally irresponsible and downright fucking stupid by having 2 more kids with the same girl after they were diagnosed. The risk of babies born with HIV from infected parents is 25%. Who would do that to their children? Did he even get treatment or check out what took me 5 minutes to find out with Google? And why is he posting this? Looking for a handout? For what, cosmetic surgery so he can go back to teaching young kids. This guy is a danger to himself, his children and to everyone else.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

My impression is that she already had 2 kids & he now considers them to be his own.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Can't figure out whether he's mentally ill, a junkie, or just down on his luck. His Facebook profile sure is depressing.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Yobbo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 am My impression is that she already had 2 kids & he now considers them to be his own.
I don't think so. The kid he talks about in the OP was born in 2009 or 2010, so that must be the oldest kid in the pictures on the fundraising page. The other 2 are clearly a lot younger.
Adam Xie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Adam Xie »

Heard from my friend, he's back on his feet again and moved on.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

British single dad in Siam Reap seeks aid to get back on his feet

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I am a father of 3 young children and we have just lost our mum and wife to HIV/Aids. I live in Cambodia and my partner was a local Khmer, I am British and have no family to support us back in the UK. My personal friends do what they can but they have families and other financial responsibilities.

I also live with HIV and I cannot work freely in a lot of positions. I used to teach English but the news of my viral infection saw me pushed out of 2 positions due to parental fears and ignorance regarding my condition. My skin is the very obvious sign to people as I m half covered in itchy scabs that often lead to huge sore boils on my head, face, back and torso.

If I can get back into teaching online, I think I can save us. Covid has seen me use up all my savings and sell all of my belongings to survive since January 2020. I now have no reliable equipment to even attempt to get online work.

We really need help with living costs so I can provide a good environment for my children to live in. I think tey can go bak to school in September but I don't have the means to facilitate that.

I adopted my first boy Syon, as it became obvious that when he arrived I was not his biological father. I decided to be his dad and bring him up as I felt any indiscretion towards me was not his fault. All 3 kids have a very strong and loving connection and I need them all with me as care has been proffered, but they will be separated. I will never do that to them.

I am also very sad to say that I have no family support network at all. My mother passed some years ago and she was the finest and most loving person I have ever met.

We all want and need to be together as a family. I cannot breathe without them and with the financial stress. Please help keep us together so they might continue to grow in their rightful place as a family.
https://gogetfunding.com/widower-father ... s-support/

I don't know the guy, and also I am inclined to be naturally cynical, so I'll just put this here for now.

If the story is indeed to be taken at face value; it sure sounds pretty rough.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Merged topics.

So he's having another bite at the cherry with the gogetfunding?

Edit: 2 current campaigns https://gogetfunding.com/user/?uid=7641 ... QGxb0HbZdq
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Last year's campaign is cancelled.

In that one, he listed the same health issues.

In this years one he says that his partner has now died of AIDS and that the 9 year old ran away from home for a number of months, but is now back.

Says he sold all his equipment needed for online teaching since January to feed the family. The differentiating timelines don't compute.

Sketchy AF.

I was under the impression that Khmer didn't have to pay for anti-retro-viral drugs to combat HIV/AIDS.

Anyhow, I'm sure he's reading this, so ; if I've done you wrong; log on and set the record straight Simon.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:43 pm
I was under the impression that Khmer didn't have to pay for anti-retro-viral drugs to combat HIV/AIDS.

Anyhow, I'm sure he's reading this, so ; if I've done you wrong; log on and set the record straight Simon.
Yes its against the law to sell antiviral medicine in Cambodia alltho some hospitals seem to have their own stock. Its free after you are tested positive and only refferal hospitals are allowed to distribute.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic