English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

No laws/policies against HIV positive expats or tourists residing or visiting Cambodia. Honestly, I would have been surprised if there were due to the ease of visa. If anybody is interested I did find this site while looking that shows you what countries have restrictions, bans or will deport if you are HIV positive.

http://hivtravel.org/Default.aspx?PageI ... &StateId=1
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: English Teacher with HIV & 3 Young Children in Cambodia Needs Help to Start Work Again

Post by Freightdog »

explorer wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm While he was living with his girlfriend she got pregnant to another man, and lied to him about it. He stayed with her.

Do you think he has a smart attitude in his life?
Or does he have a stronger/different sense morality, and therefore it’s confusing for you?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Employment of foreign labor
Article 261:
No foreigner can work unless he possesses a work permit and an employment card issued by the Ministry in
Charge of Labor. These foreigners must also meet the following conditions :
Employers must beforehand have a legal work permit to work in the Kingdom of Cambodia;
These foreigners must have legally entered the Kingdom of Cambodia;
These foreigners must possess a valid passport;
These foreigners must possess a valid residency permit;
These foreigners must be fit for their job and have no contagious diseases. These conditions must be determined
by a Prakas (ministerial order) from the Ministry of Health with the approval of the Ministry in Charge of Labor.
The work permit is valid for one year and may be extended as long as the validity of extension does not exceed
the fixed period in the residency permit of the person in question
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I have pity for him, we all make mistakes and his was a lethal one. His longevity would probably be increased if he had returned to the UK and enjoyed the benefits of the NHS. He doesn't t have dreads and isn 't asking to fly a cat halfway around the world for surgery. He seems to have a good attitude about what awaits him and he continues to do good. No negative comments from me, no money either but I won t put him down.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

He says that he has 3 young children. There's the child when his GF banged a local, but who are the other 2 kids?
SiemReaper1
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SiemReaper1 »

Why wouldn't someone who's in this situation just go home where you have safety nets in place, unemployment benefits, better medical to treat his HIV. He could find a job in his own country and send money back to support his kids in Cambodia.

If he's that broke and can't afford a ticket to return home, he won't have money for a visa renewal.
Just to easy to beg for money online now, instead of being a responsible person.

I wish him the best of luck
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

A tale of unfortunate events and yet soldiers on like a Trojan!
What a beautiful soul he must have :hattip:
I hope he gets back on his feet & I will contribute.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

The odds of him contracting HIV from his girlfriend are incredibly remote. A friend of mine worked in the health dept. back in the U.S. His office, during his tenure, tested around 30,000-40,000 men for HIV. I asked him how many contracted it through heterosexual intercourse. He said there were two cases, and he had his doubts about one.

Regardless, he should get off his broke ass and go home. If he went home and got an entry level job, and maybe a part time job...he could send more than enough money to his "family" to put them in a much better situation.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Lonestar wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:07 am The odds of him contracting HIV from his girlfriend are incredibly remote.
I was going to make that comment, but I didn't want to open the floodgates to the "HIV isn't related to AIDS" nutters.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Wait a minute: he has 3 children now, so after he found out his girlfriend had HIV and he himself, too, he made 2 more children?
WTF? Anyone here thinks that's a responsible thing to do?

"My children should have a better life than this", he writes.
Yeah, maybe in the first place by not producing them while fully aware you and your girlfriend have HIV.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic