The Olympia Mall in Phnom Penh Opened Today

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Olympia Mall in Phnom Penh Opened Today

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On June 22, 2019, the Olympia mall of the OCIC company, opened its doors in Phnom Penh. This includes the new skywalk which is connected to the mall. The mall belongs to Okhna Pong Khaewse.
The Olympia mall was built as the leading shopping mall in central Phnom Penh, in an area surrounded by many business buildings, schools, hotels, and standard condos. The mall has many products, clothes, food, a cinema, a gym, and other customer services.
The target customer is the focus on people who had an average to high income. The mall currently has seven floors and will be increased to 9 floors. Opening hours are from 9 am to 10 pm.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: The Olympia Mall in Phnom Penh Opened Today

Post by phuketrichard »

ok, i admit i am not a mall goer and when i visit PP, only go to Aeon 1 cause the gf an sisters like to bowl,
BUT i see its usually empty
what with all these new malls going up and the customer base not really growing by leaps and bounds, seems each gets a smaller piece of the small pie.
Is it just a money laundering operation?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nixon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nixon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:55 pm ok, i admit i am not a mall goer and when i visit PP, only go to Aeon 1 cause the gf an sisters like to bowl,
what with all these new malls going up and the customer base not really growing by leaps and bounds, seems each gets a smaller piece of the small pie.
I have asked myself the same question so many times.. Why are these investments made here? It is crazy.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:55 pm ok, i admit i am not a mall goer and when i visit PP, only go to Aeon 1 cause the gf an sisters like to bowl,
Aeon 2 during the weekday is a total ghost town. There was about three other people in the whole place when I was there.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I went to Aeon 1 today and it was packed. I went to Aeon 2 last week and it was packed. The Aeon 2 aquarium however has been trying to sell off their fish tanks on Facebook the past couple weeks. Perhaps they are closing soon. The food court on the 3rd floor in Aeon 1 near the cinema is currently closed for renovations.

Of course they will be empty in the middle of the week. People who earn money don't have time to loiter in malls when there is work to be done. I don't think that's an indicator of bad cash flow.
Sam Bill
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Sam Bill »

Hope that floating bridge will encourage people to walk more.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nixon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:35 pm
I have asked myself the same question so many times.. Why are these investments made here? It is crazy.
These are the big questions, so well done for asking them. The less you know the better off you'll be.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:20 pm
Aeon 2 during the weekday is a total ghost town. There was about three other people in the whole place when I was there.
I don't really know what time you guys go in malls (weekday mornings?) but visitor numbers are up in both Aeon malls. Also business is getting better each year. This is mainly because more suitable shops have opened as well as more restaurants and entertainment facilities have opened.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

build it & they will cum
thru shit to more shit
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 am
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:20 pm
I don't really know what time you guys go in malls (weekday mornings?) but visitor numbers are up in both Aeon malls. Also business is getting better each year. This is mainly because more suitable shops have opened as well as more restaurants and entertainment facilities have opened.
OK, i assume weekends are busy, BUT how many of those many people you all see are actually BUYING<
not just walking aorund an maybe grabbing a meal, using the supermarket or visiting the movie/bowling?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic