US Criminal History for Teaching

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
EarlyCuyler
Tourist
United States of America

US Criminal History for Teaching

Post by EarlyCuyler »

I know there are a bunch of schools that don't require it, but for those that do, is a clean, notarized state (I've lived here for 20+ years) criminal history sufficient or should I get a federal criminal history from the FBI? Do I need both? I ain't did nothing, but either criminal history could be potentially incomplete.

Thanks.
EarlyCuyler
Tourist
United States of America

Re: US Criminal History for Teaching

Post by EarlyCuyler »

Maybe an American teacher could share what their process looked like for submitting their criminal history to an employer? I really would appreciate it.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

EarlyCuyler wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am I know there are a bunch of schools that don't require it, but for those that do, is a clean, notarized state (I've lived here for 20+ years) criminal history sufficient or should I get a federal criminal history from the FBI? Do I need both? I ain't did nothing, but either criminal history could be potentially incomplete.

Thanks.
If you've lived here for 20 years a document from your own country probably won't do, they will probably ask for a local one too. You can get it at the ministry of justice next to palace on Sisowath. It's pricey though.
EarlyCuyler
Tourist
United States of America

Post by EarlyCuyler »

I meant "here" as in the state in the US in which I currently reside. I've lived in Cambodia for 0 years.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

EarlyCuyler wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am I ain't did nothing

I'll be the judge of that.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Cam Nivag wrote:

.....and the jury...
And the executioner....!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

EarlyCuyler
Tourist
United States of America

Post by EarlyCuyler »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am

I've been lurking Cambodia forums off and on for a long time and I'd bet a testicle you, in particular, have something like useful information regarding the OP.

Why you sandbaggin' me?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic