Cambodia Department of Immigration Updates Immigration Arrival Form

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Department of Immigration Updates Immigration Arrival Form

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking New (Phnom Penh): On June 20, 2019, the Immigration Department of the Ministry of the Interior has announced an updated immigration form for all national and international tourists arriving in Cambodia.

The department confirmed that in order to make arrivals in the kingdom more convenient and faster, a new immigration form came into use on 1 June 2019.
From this date:

1. The visa request for entering to Cambodia will be combined with the immigration card.
2. A foreigner who requests a visa at any immigration border in Cambodia no longer needs to attach a photo.
3. Foreigners arriving in Cambodia must complete the arrival form only, there will be no departure form.
4. All Cambodians who hold a Cambodian passport, no need to fill out the immigration form.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Cambodia Department of Immigration Updates Immigration Arrival Form

Post by phuketrichard »

So no longer a form for VOA? and separate arrival form ( that means only 1 building for overland entries)
all combined, will save a few trees in Cambodia
They just lost an easy $1-2 with no photos needed> bet some immigration are not to happy about that??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bartender3042
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by bartender3042 »

Yeah they had these at the Hat Yien border on the 2nd June (2019) . was one of the first doing a check in/check out.
After the desk clerk officer tried the whole, "it's 45 for a visa" bollocks, that took another 20 minutes. I eventually got my form and checked back in.

The border guards had no idea what they were, and spent like 25 minutes on their phones to superiors. Who promptly came, out of uniform, and then spent another 20 minutes talking to their superiors. And finally we all established that it is an entry card only, and there is no departure card attached. Best hour I've ever wasted, watching them scramble about.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea they introduced them on the 1st June, but the airlines were still handing out the old forms, and the old forms were still available in the arrivals hall prior to the immigration hall...it was an absolute clusterfuck because people were going to the VOA desk and immigration booths but then been given the new forms and told to go away, fill them in and then return

:facepalm: :ROFL:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Clusterfuck hahaha haven't heard that for a long time
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

everything is duplicated in three languages - Khmer, English and Chinese.
why not Spanish, Hindi or Russian?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

SINUS wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 pm everything is duplicated in three languages - Khmer, English and Chinese.
Interesting you say that coz last week coming back from Thailand on an Airasia flight they had announcements in chinese that I hadn't heard on a similar flight 6 mths ago and there I was thinking...oh, damn.. I'm gonna hear chinese then english then thai but to my surprise they dropped thai!
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 pm
SINUS wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 pm everything is duplicated in three languages - Khmer, English and Chinese.
Interesting you say that coz last week coming back from Thailand on an Airasia flight they had announcements in chinese that I hadn't heard on a similar flight 6 mths ago and there I was thinking...oh, damn.. I'm gonna hear chinese then english then thai but to my surprise they dropped thai!
at Pulkovo Airport (St. Petersburg) all announcements and information on the scoreboard is done only in two languages - in Russian and in Chinese. :(
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

So how's this work with evisas?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

It's about time they streamlined some of the needless forms and redundant photos.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic