Cannabis fashion goes viral

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Cannabis fashion goes viral

Post by fax »

After the usual pizzerias and bars targeting white devils have turned into a bunch of no-haves, cannabis is striking back. The distinct leaves known for appearing in unexpected locations have become the latest Cambodian T-shirt trend. It is not known if it is part of a normalization campaign but worn by everyone from freshy boys to women, children and even grandma the plant has successfully penetrated the Cambodian heart.

Shortly before Starbucks opened their first location in Cambodia somebody was aggressively promoting them by selling Starbucks branded T-shirts on the Cambodian market. One can only hope for the same result from the cannabis shirt. Perhaps soon people may be allowed to cultivate in peace. Here's Puff Daddy with the weather.

Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cannabis fashion goes viral

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Lol... you're overthinking it.
My wife's whole family had these shirts on the other day. They had no idea what it was. They just knew a brand new shirt for 2500R was to good of a deal to pass up.

Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Beltei are loud and proud

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Reminds me of my first trip to Chiang Mai in the 80s and seeing an older woman at the market walking around with a T shirt annotated 'F**k you!' :mrgreen:
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

where do you buy them? I'd buy some for my entire family.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

ofparadise wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 am where do you buy them? I'd buy some for my entire family.
Where can't you buy them? They are ubiquitous right now.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Just drive up and down Veng Sreng...you will see at least 100000000000000000 of them but probably more

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Is that true about the "no-have" pizzerias?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic