Price of concrete

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jer31244
Tourist

Price of concrete

Post by jer31244 »

Anyone know how much it costs to pour a square meter of concrete in Cambodia these days? If it matters, the construction will be residential and in Kampong Cham.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Price of concrete

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

How thick will the slab be? 10cm? 30?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

possibly he wants the price for a cubic meter
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Last edited by Bitte_Kein_Lexus on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

If you're a foreigner and having it done by locals I think for that you'll be looking at around $11 per square meter. Unlikely they will use rebar or even bamboo strips, but instead they will compact the ground and compress some largish rocks by hand to build the slab on. That should be fine for what you need.

You can do it cheaper with a few workers over a couple of days. $5 per 50kg sack of concrete, around 50,000 Riel's a day for a good worker, sand about $80 for 6 cubes delivered, rocks there maybe $100 for 6 cubes delivered. All mixed by hand. Maybe hire three guys.

There's another forum with some good info on this, previously run by the late Parrothead, I believe. Livingincambodiaforums... Or something. Some good info on builds there.
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

Splashback wrote:If you're a foreigner and having it done by locals I think for that you'll be looking at around $11 per square meter. Unlikely they will use rebar or even bamboo strips, but instead they will compact the ground and compress some largish rocks by hand to build the slab on. That should be fine for what you need.

You can do it cheaper with a few workers over a couple of days. $5 per 50kg sack of concrete, around 50,000 Riel's a day for a good worker, sand about $80 for 6 cubes delivered, rocks there maybe $100 for 6 cubes delivered. All mixed by hand. Maybe hire three guys.

There's another forum with some good info on this, previously run by the late Parrothead, I believe. Livingincambodiaforums... Or something. Some good info on builds there.
Good. Are foreigners allowed to repair a street? There’s a nasty crumbling of the street, probably 2 meters*3 meters that’s like scaling Mount Everest on the main road in my neighborhood. Fucks traffic up line you wouldn’t believe during rush hour. But a fix would make traffic fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

NeverNude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 pm Are foreigners allowed to repair a street? There’s a nasty crumbling of the street, probably 2 meters*3 meters that’s like scaling Mount Everest on the main road in my neighborhood. Fucks traffic up line you wouldn’t believe during rush hour. But a fix would make traffic fine.
I dont know of any official ruling. I have seen hotels and individuals repairing the road in front of their place. I think it would be a good thing to do.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

NeverNude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 pm
Splashback wrote:If you're a foreigner and having it done by locals I think for that you'll be looking at around $11 per square meter. Unlikely they will use rebar or even bamboo strips, but instead they will compact the ground and compress some largish rocks by hand to build the slab on. That should be fine for what you need.

Good. Are foreigners allowed to repair a street? There’s a nasty crumbling of the street, probably 2 meters*3 meters that’s like scaling Mount Everest on the main road in my neighborhood. Fucks traffic up line you wouldn’t believe during rush hour. But a fix would make traffic fine.
I've seen all sorts of impromptu repairs made on streets here, from chucking builder's rubble and broken bricks into vast potholes to whole 20 meter sections getting sorted out by neighbors with concrete. It seems that pretty much anyone can patch up the street and put a few plastic chairs around the wet cement for a few hours. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If you draw penises around the potholes, the local authorities might have them repaired within a few days.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-48068866

If penises aren't your thing, then there's always the trees option.

Image Image
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

NeverNude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now you should all know better. For a start barang can't do anything better than a Khmer when it comes to repairs and building work.
Also just consider if anything was to happen anywhere near your new road repair, and more then likely nothing to do with it. Lets consider a small coming together of two motos, a crowd develops around the small accident! How long before someone mentions barang messed with the road. How much will this cost you?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic