Dark Side of Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
oasisbarhatien
Tourist
Vietnam

Dark Side of Kampot

Post by oasisbarhatien »

Found this on "Tripadvisor" I don't think it will be there long,so I thought I'd post it here to see what reaction there is.True? Who knows,but it's well written,and doesn't appear to be the work of a lunatic www.darksideofkampot.com
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Dark Side of Kampot

Post by YeP »

This article and the Author have already been the subject of much discussion on CEO
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

oasisbarhatien wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am .. it's well written,and doesn't appear to be the work of a lunatic

indeed
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't know how anyone could read that and see it as anything but the extended ramblings of a paranoid lunatic.

general-chatter/rapey-kampot-druggies-t ... t=paranoid
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

some dickhead trying to harm kampot business
a bloke for sure
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

That's totally the work of a lunatic.
Don't forget the water buffalo
JaninaBrown
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by JaninaBrown »

The Kampot media mafia are responsible for depicting it as a trouble-free zone on FB, which is pure BS marketing, and shameful. Prostitution is too good a descriptor.They have deleted facts, and by doing so, defended rapists and murderers.

The problem with Cambodia is depicted as being with Khmers. In reality, expat scum are complicit, too.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Reminds me of Charles Sobhraj aka the Bikini Killer
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am some dickhead trying to harm kampot business
a bloke for sure
Lol. Yes. That must be right. It must be written in the intent to harm kampot business. That makes sense.
Halt and catch fire.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Bcysblues wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:44 am
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am some dickhead trying to harm kampot business
a bloke for sure
Lol. Yes. That must be right. It must be written in the intent to harm kampot business. That makes sense.
No.. it was written by some psycho with an axe to grind.

Edit to add:
This forum often pokes fun at the attempts by the denizens of Kampot to “cover up” the foibles of some of there more unsavoury characters. If there were anything to this story it would have come out already.
Locked Previous topicNext topic