Dark Side of Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Dark Side of Kampot

Post by Bcysblues »

You don't because you nicknamed me again on pupose but it is somewhat amusing that I have provoced you kid.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

I don't think I in any way was rude to you people compared to what that girl must have felt where her story true, coming out with it and having to face some of the sexist and degrading comemts made by you guys. Where it not for this context I whould apologise, because though I like up dust in a discussion and see if I can provoke something I do not regularly like to actually insult or hurt people. But some of the shot displayed here was just ugly and shamefull, so I was provoked this time. I will not apologose as you should. And stop putting words in my mouth. I said that I belive in her. I did not claim her story to ne true as many of you for some reason ate still claiming to know this must be untrue. I guess some of you where just outed on your behaviour. So leav. Just don't bitch about it as you go.
Halt and catch fire.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Blues, I think you misread my comments. In my hometown back in Europe none of the three named places would be open at this time. One phone call would be enough. Where I am now, I would make two out-prints of the blog and a call, have a coffee at 5 PM and then the mayhem starts the next day. The guy with the rape comment in the pic would be happy to be on the receiving side, courtesy of his cell mates who long for some white p... So much about how I feel about these people and how people I know deal with such people. I m only part time in Cambodia and lack the contacts there. My last visits to Kampot were limited to purchasing pepper and some good food at a nice all-Cambodian place. You have little idea how many Cambodians view that scene and the backpackers' conduct.

As for this discussion, I dont think that your comments about other poster's personalities advance the topic. They dilute it and you're falling into a trap.

I read the blog carefully. One commentator assumed that it was written by male because of some odd English. My instant reaction was the same but then I have the privilege of reading those parts of the material in original that are not English. The lady was using google translator or something similar and that program did not do too well with her German/German slang. The small contradictions, stupid details etc. make the account credible especially in combination what long-term expats tend to know about Kampot. Your/her detractors religiously ignore the 'rebels' connection. Also keep in mind that expats, including those in Kampot, read this and some have no interest in the matter being discussed or continued for one moment. Not all negative commentators are just redneck couch cowboys with a keyboard.

Conspiracy theory: I think you should read the blog again. It is quite clear from her writings and other material on the web that the Kampot drug scene cannot be reduced to one place. The lady and her friend went back to Kampot and stayed at one of the places that have a history of related incidents. Not a smart move. Not their fault that things went bad again but better preparation could have helped. Again, not their fault but their mistake, they unknowingly jeopardized their health.
Police: Do you earnestly believe that the local police does not know the wider picture of the business and is not participating in the proceeds? From that assumption, call it conspiracy theory, I said that it was good that they did not contact local police. The only thing they might have had as concrete evidence was her confession of taking drugs. The outcome would have been predictable.

On the positive side the authorities up the chain of command seem to be determined in eliminating the rebels from the country. That will remove some scum from the scene and help. More is needed and a wholesome number of hostels, not just in Kampot, should be closed down and the foreign staff evicted as well. Perhaps after some time in public facilities in PP.

What I dont understand is that when back home the lady did not bring charges against the Berlin DJ. Certainly it would have been uncertain whether much would have happened. On the other hand a statement would go on record and the guy would have received a forceful warning. The French lady was a second candidate with evidence at hand. She has herself implicated. With the two persons in the Schengen system and border patrol would welcome both of them for a close customs inspection with hands covered in rubber and lube at hand. Surely, something memorable and deserved for these worthy candidates.

Why I m saying this? My friends in the profession know that some people they cant get but they also know that they still can make them very miserable and that legally - thereby sending a clear message. Sometimes that's all that can be done in Europe. In SE Asia, however, the possibilities are endless.

If this thread has one purpose it might be a piece of good advice, stay away from drugs in Cambodia. Avoid people associated with the scene. You do not know what you're dealing with.

As for the lady, I think she is doing very well in fighting back and she has the right objective, i.e. preventing more damage/victims. Another important aspect her detractors prefer to remain silent about. Thanks again Blues for bringing this up and making the info available. Your heart is on the right side - i hope mine and some other's is as well. All the power to the lady.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am some dickhead trying to harm kampot business
a bloke for sure
A party where everyone has toilet paper??? I have been to a few weird ones but thats fucking weird
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Pizzalover wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:16 am Blues, I think you misread my comments. In my hometown back in Europe none of the three named places would be open at this time. One phone call would be enough. Where I am now, I would make two out-prints of the blog and a call, have a coffee at 5 PM and then the mayhem starts the next day. The guy with the rape comment in the pic would be happy to be on the receiving side, courtesy of his cell mates who long for some white p... So much about how I feel about these people and how people I know deal with such people. I m only part time in Cambodia and lack the contacts there. My last visits to Kampot were limited to purchasing pepper and some good food at a nice all-Cambodian place. You have little idea how many Cambodians view that scene and the backpackers' conduct.

As for this discussion, I dont think that your comments about other poster's personalities advance the topic. They dilute it and you're falling into a trap.

I read the blog carefully. One commentator assumed that it was written by male because of some odd English. My instant reaction was the same but then I have the privilege of reading those parts of the material in original that are not English. The lady was using google translator or something similar and that program did not do too well with her German/German slang. The small contradictions, stupid details etc. make the account credible especially in combination what long-term expats tend to know about Kampot. Your/her detractors religiously ignore the 'rebels' connection. Also keep in mind that expats, including those in Kampot, read this and some have no interest in the matter being discussed or continued for one moment. Not all negative commentators are just redneck couch cowboys with a keyboard.

Conspiracy theory: I think you should read the blog again. It is quite clear from her writings and other material on the web that the Kampot drug scene cannot be reduced to one place. The lady and her friend went back to Kampot and stayed at one of the places that have a history of related incidents. Not a smart move. Not their fault that things went bad again but better preparation could have helped. Again, not their fault but their mistake, they unknowingly jeopardized their health.
Police: Do you earnestly believe that the local police does not know the wider picture of the business and is not participating in the proceeds? From that assumption, call it conspiracy theory, I said that it was good that they did not contact local police. The only thing they might have had as concrete evidence was her confession of taking drugs. The outcome would have been predictable.

On the positive side the authorities up the chain of command seem to be determined in eliminating the rebels from the country. That will remove some scum from the scene and help. More is needed and a wholesome number of hostels, not just in Kampot, should be closed down and the foreign staff evicted as well. Perhaps after some time in public facilities in PP.

What I dont understand is that when back home the lady did not bring charges against the Berlin DJ. Certainly it would have been uncertain whether much would have happened. On the other hand a statement would go on record and the guy would have received a forceful warning. The French lady was a second candidate with evidence at hand. She has herself implicated. With the two persons in the Schengen system and border patrol would welcome both of them for a close customs inspection with hands covered in rubber and lube at hand. Surely, something memorable and deserved for these worthy candidates.

Why I m saying this? My friends in the profession know that some people they cant get but they also know that they still can make them very miserable and that legally - thereby sending a clear message. Sometimes that's all that can be done in Europe. In SE Asia, however, the possibilities are endless.

If this thread has one purpose it might be a piece of good advice, stay away from drugs in Cambodia. Avoid people associated with the scene. You do not know what you're dealing with.

As for the lady, I think she is doing very well in fighting back and she has the right objective, i.e. preventing more damage/victims. Another important aspect her detractors prefer to remain silent about. Thanks again Blues for bringing this up and making the info available. Your heart is on the right side - i hope mine and some other's is as well. All the power to the lady.
Wow. It's not t like this in my country. In Norway. It's actually kinda hard to get someone convicted for rape. I was attacked in my own home once. I didn't remember anything. I had been strangled. I was told by the police no investigation could take place because of my blackout. The lawyer told me I should try to catch em on video next time. They even left stuff behind. Should be easy to start an investigation there. Nope. Nothing. I left the country after that. Best to look out for yourself. You shouldn't count on other people for it, and you shouldn't trust the world to be as nice as you want it to be, no matter where you go. A lot of you seems to really need a reality check. I hope that you will not receive one.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Bcysblues wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Pizzalover wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:16 am Blues, I think you misread my comments. In my hometown back in Europe none of the three named places would be open at this time. One phone call would be enough. Where I am now, I would make two out-prints of the blog and a call, have a coffee at 5 PM and then the mayhem starts the next day. The guy with the rape comment in the pic would be happy to be on the receiving side, courtesy of his cell mates who long for some white p... So much about how I feel about these people and how people I know deal with such people. I m only part time in Cambodia and lack the contacts there. My last visits to Kampot were limited to purchasing pepper and some good food at a nice all-Cambodian place. You have little idea how many Cambodians view that scene and the backpackers' conduct.

Wow. It's not t like this in my country. In Norway. It's actually kinda hard to get someone convicted for rape. I was attacked in my own home once. I didn't remember anything. I had been strangled. I was told by the police no investigation could take place because of my blackout. The lawyer told me I should try to catch em on video next time. They even left stuff behind. Should be easy to start an investigation there. Nope. Nothing. I left the country after that. Best to look out for yourself. You shouldn't count on other people for it, and you shouldn't trust the world to be as nice as you want it to be, no matter where you go. A lot of you seems to really need a reality check. I hope that you will not receive one.

But this comment is good. I respect it. Thanks :) You are mostly right. Sorry for replyimg to it twice. Pressed send before I finished. It's nice to lnow that there are some nice open amd intelligent people out there to.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

To the lot of you that seem nice I am sorry if I offended you. Some of the comments on this forum is just plain evil. I wanted to kick up some dust here and I didn't mind stepping on their toes because the discussion seemd beyond it, also I was provoked which I am useually not, but I don't like bullies and I don't like rape culture and victim blaming, and I think my shate on that was not only usefull but needed, so it was not a complete was of my time and of yours. I wish you all a good day. Even the once I offended on purpose. Personally that rape is best picture should be beyond argument. Find out if the guy on tje picture is real, and there you have it.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

I whould have gone to the police even if adviced not to. I know that they have a bad reputation but you just have to take the bad with the good sometimes. I get that they where scared and probably made safety their main priority, but you see, no matter who it is you know in the police they whould still yell you, no mayhem if she did not press charges. This way they can just put it on her like the german police did. I think its not to late to contact cambodian police, even safe from Germany.
Last edited by Bcysblues on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

And the police is the same everywhere. You will find the bad mixed in with the good. Judt becomes more visible when they don't get payed enough because then they actually need the money to, that's not really corruption in my eyes. It's worse when it jappens in our country (which is yours by the way?) but I don't think you have any idea of the extent of that . You seem to think your country is completely safe, and I love that cute idea over a story on the internet creating havoc. Show me one example that even resembles it and it whould just make my day. You seem to know a lot and I think you have a good approach and understanding of the situation, but I don't think it's really any better where you come from. I think you are naive when it comes to that. Like I said, you will find the same shit everywhere. Cambodia is changing to I think. And the cooperation between international police forces is upgrading big over these last years. There are some really strong forces working to clean up to.
Halt and catch fire.
deviantinfamous
Expatriate
Finland

Post by deviantinfamous »

lost me at "kept drugging my food to keep me horny"
Locked Previous topicNext topic