Dark Side of Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Dark Side of Kampot

Post by Bcysblues »

[ht][/ht] Just like you my friend I have no way of knowing the truth in this matter, as do neither of you. What sparked my reaction is the way tou reacted to this and the terrible way in which many of you relate to the potential victim. Under no circumstance can there be found excuses for this behaviour when you not only fail to show support but take part in the abuse with mocking slandering and blaming the victim. A person that may have been through the same might tell you that the worst part of surviving such a trauma whould be to not be belived and what is worse, sexualized all over, beeing made fun of and blamed for what happend to you. This shot happens. The people who do this shit is crazy. You cannot call the victim crazy because what she has to tell about what was done to her is crazy. You should know that this shit happens and that is crazy. Then you even blame her for not telling anyone. Hehe. Wow. Like I whould ever try to tell you guys anything seeing how you treated this girl. You should read the articles I posted about rape culture and victim shaming. If you do not recognize yourself in at least some of it then you my friends are crazy.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

And my name is not B-blues
Halt and catch fire.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

@Bcysblues

Some of the things said on this forum tell you more about the people saying them, than the reality of what actually occurred.

Some people have very little evidence, and take a guess as to whether something is true or false. Then they treat their guess as fact. Some just read what someone else wrote on this forum, and believe that as fact. Simple people think they know everything. A smart person will think, it may be true, or may not be true, but I will wait and see if there is more evidence in the future.

I have no first hand evidence of this case, so I can't be sure what really happened. It may be true. Then there is the people who died. You cant just ignore the fact that they died. Something happened which we are not being told. There are actually a lot of unexplained deaths in Cambodia.

In another place and another time, I saw a young girl high on drugs, in a place where there were a lot of males. It makes you wonder what they did with her when nobody was there to see.

These things are a warning to be careful, with where you go and what you do. Those who are not smart, may finish up in trouble.

One girl I met travelling on her own, went to the bathroom and took her drink with her. Some people laughed. She had been around long enough to know drinks can be spiked, and took precautions.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Bcysblues wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 am I am federal by tge way, we mostly look for the pedophiles the traffocking and their illegal money so less you are unlucky and by from someone we want to get your little drug scams should be safe.
:facepalm:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Bcysblues wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 am And my name is not B-blues
Sorry Bcysblues, it was a nick name. i try to make things a bit more personalised and friendly in the interests of fostering a sense of community. Sorry if this annoyed you. It was in no way insulting.

On the other hand i find your slanderous, stereo-typing, lie - that i will recognise rape culture in myself if only i open my eyes, to be intentionally abusive.
All i did was ask you the basis that you beleive the story. I was giving you a hearing FFS.

You do not know me -Just like your claim that this story has been proven true it turns out to be wildly and irresponsibly wrong.
So please, chill bro'. you are loosing the plot with your rants.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

the police in Kampot recently arrested some scumbags who abducted an innocent female walking along Riverside at 3am...They had a victim and CCTV evidence to track down the perpetrators..
unlike the lady at the guesthouse who had a much different case to unravel.
I read the lady's account and follow up replies and just find it to be unbelievable.
Perhaps, I am jaded?
I was accused by an English lady in a PP Riverside hotel dining room of being in Cambodia to fuck boys simply because I did not want to answer her questions about where the 25 year old Khmer female she saw me with the night before was.... She just went apeshit in a public place and spewed her filth
I don't believe anything without actual proof.
Especially, when it is coming from a female.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

This is a good comment. This is how you all should think. And its good to question what you hear, but it's real easy to do that without the cruelties, and people opening up about something this traumatic should never have to deal with other peoples cruelty. That is the reason most woman shut up. Who wants to be exposed and openly mocked after experiencing such humiliation. That is why victim blaming is so serious. I want the people doing ot to know, you are responsible for shutting up other woman going through the same. There is no other way of seeing it because you just are. This way you help it happen. Her story belive it or not is helping them because she is brave to stand up to you. In this context it really doesnt matter if the story is true or not, you set the example for how the situation was handled here and some of you came out really really bad. Like I said. Where it me I whould never have told you guys. I whould have quietly crumbled down im silence begore brought to shame by you assholes and I belive that I speak for most woman, and I am becaise they never speak up, therfore these scumbags ate never caught, and in the end, you are all to blame. Not the nice once though. Your comment was not cruel.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 am
Bcysblues wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 am And my name is not B-blues
Sorry Bcysblues, it was a nick name. i try to make things a bit more personalised and friendly in the interests of fostering a sense of community. Sorry if this annoyed you. It was in no way insulting.

On the other hand i find your slanderous, stereo-typing, lie - that i will recognise rape culture in myself if only i open my eyes, to be intentionally abusive.
All i did was ask you the basis that you beleive the story. I was giving you a hearing FFS.

You do not know me -Just like your claim that this story has been proven true it turns out to be wildly and irresponsibly wrong.
So please, chill bro'. you are loosing the plot with your rants.
I did not claim it to be true. I criticised the way you met her not beeing able to know it yourself and I belive that I was right. You trying to take a victimized position in it just seems tasteless and it don't convince me.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

fax wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 am
Bcysblues wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 am I am federal by tge way, we mostly look for the pedophiles the traffocking and their illegal money so less you are unlucky and by from someone we want to get your little drug scams should be safe.
:facepalm:
I thought that was funny
Halt and catch fire.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I wish you all the best B.
click
Locked Previous topicNext topic